New to Gotway/Begode. Is only the 80% alarm enough?

BlckRck2014

My first wheel was an Inmotion v11. Now I'm riding a RS19HT nope and love it. 

I ride very aggressive off-road singletrack about 90% of the time. On my v11 I have never made it beep from speed. 

On my RS I have disabled all the alarms except the 80% alarm ( which I think you can't turn off anyways). Is this alarm enough? I am new to Begode so I don't know how the wheel will behave. I don't seem to have a problem hearing the beeps on this wheel. Let's say I'm writing under 50% battery and I keep the power just below 80% beeping am I good?

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

I understand the RS is pretty good at thermal management, but if it were me I'd eyeball the temperature for a while just to assure myself that it's happy and gain knowledge of what is normal-for-you.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Thanks 1

I've heard "Euc world" is good at estimating your safety margin. Use the app and log your rides. Look afterwards at the safety margin number. 

You can also set current alarms (and other alarms, temp, speed etc) with vibration so you can feel when you're pushing past a set limit so you know when to pull back. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Keep in mind that the Torque model only has more torque up to a certain speed. That speed is not the max speed of the wheel. So you better take care and expect a large drop of available torque as you're leaving the high torque speed range of your wheel.

If you want more torque at high speeds go with the HS.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

newest beeper are really load, you'll be fine with 80% beep but don't forget to set it to the max volume in Begode app

the best thing you can do is use BT speakers with EUC World:

• you can set your own alarm , keep in mind 37-38 mph at full charge and 30mph at 35% battery
  • but also BT speakers will beep the same time the 80% power output, and you'll never miss them (you can test this simply lifting the wheel)
  • Thanks 1

On my exn the speaker is on the bottom exterior of the frame. It looked like a piece of plastic was cut out and the speaker was just placed there, so I plugged/glued the other side of the speaker with foam that came in the box. This creates a directional sound, instead of an open sound (think ported subwoofer v.s. sealed subwoofer). I have no issues hearing it with earphones and helmet on going 35mph.

• Thanks 1

On 3/8/2022 at 4:23 PM, BlckRck2014 said:

RS19HT 
I have disabled all the alarms except the 80% alarm ( which I think you can't turn off anyways). Is this alarm enough?

Yes.

You only turned off the two lowspeed alarms. Like 95% of Gotway owners. 
The rest of the controller alarms cannot be turned off (overvoltage, undervoltage, "80% speed", temperature).
Assuming that you actually can hear the beeper (above wind noise, thru your helmet, etc), respect the beeps and don't worry :) 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1