BangGoods

Chuts

I know a lot of people have ordered from BangGoods.com and even recommend them on products that they sell.  I have even done so, but so far not impressed by their service.

I have ordered a headlamp from them as my first order.  Relatively small item which I paid extra for parcel tracking service.  Currently over a month since they stated that the parcel was dispatched.  Quoting 25 working day shipment window.  Contacted them about not receiving my parcel and they replied back to me to wait longer!  What a total joke!  I actually have another parcel that is due next week from them too.  Don't think I will see that one either.

I don't live in rural areas where it is hard to get to.  I live in Hong Kong you can't get much more urban than this.

So here I am to warn members about using them.  Didn't hound them until the quoted delivery time passed but now that it has they have shown a lack of interest in offering a solution.

The delivery time from China to HK should be in days. 

Yes they do take long time to come to USA though. My wheel came in 3 weeks but safety gear like knee pads took like 6 weeks. Both ordered same day. Go figure!

I have had the same mixed experience with aliexpress.com too. Some things arrive in a week, others take 7 or 8 weeks. Both arrive here in the US via US Postal Service though. There is some really cheap "China Post" method that must send it over in shipping containers by boat. The good news with AliExpress is that I can see when something has been shipped so I know it's a problem in mailing vs the person not sending it.

There's just no excuse for slow service from China to Hong Kong I would think, unless things are being held up for weeks for package inspections.

Its pretty funny that everyone has delayed shipping problems because to my understanding they have 3 major warehouses.  The main one in China, one in the Netherlands and also one is USA.  Though out the month I have had parcels delivered to me from USA, UK, China and Singapore and they all mainly got to me in a 2-3 week time frame.

I have arround 200 orders in the past from china (BangGood, DealExtreme, ThinyDeal, Aliexpress and others) and so far no problem with shipping time (it is of corse not like from the company next door).

Registered mail will go longer and does not help you a lot.

If I have problems, it is more like the quality. BUT a good flashlight will cost some money in China also (but less then in Europe):

http://www.banggood.com/Nitecore-EA41-CREE-XM-L2-T6-960lm-Dual-Switch-LED-Flashlight-p-934328.html

If you go with the cheapest products you can get, you will not be happy with it and usually you can not compare this with European made quality.

I've been buying from DX, BG, Ali etc for nearly 10 years. Of all the options, I've found BG is currently the most reliable. They are still able to dispatch relatively quickly, however, the standard shipping service times are somewhat out of their hands. Last month I placed an order from BG of which two packages were dispatched later that day (Seperate warehouses - I think one was CN and the other HK). 1 order took 6 working days and the other 15 so it really depends on many factors.

What is important these days is how long the seller takes to dispatch. DX has become a joke in terms of time taken to dispatch most orders but BG is still good and I trust them 100%.

I've bought well over $2000 worth of goods from BG over the years and have always received my goods. Average delivery time is about 3 weeks. (In fact, of the countless orders from various chinese online stores, I think I've only failed to receive my goods once or twice).

My advice, for cheap stuff, just order via cheapest option and forget about it - You'll get a nice surprise in the mail anywhere from 2-6 weeks after order. For more expensive stuff, just pay for the registered (and express if you need it) mail option with good tracking.

• 2 weeks later...

What is stopping Banggood to sell IPS wheels? I saw a couple but low end ones. I would like to see them sell IPS 132 models. I don't understand why they stock low end IPS and not high end ones. I also rate banggood better than DX.com. I only used those 2 other than hobbyking.com which is just for RC stuff.

What is stopping Banggood to sell IPS wheels? I saw a couple but low end ones. I would like to see them sell IPS 132 models. I don't understand why they stock low end IPS and not high end ones. I also rate banggood better than DX.com. I only used those 2 other than hobbyking.com which is just for RC stuff.

You have to ask this BangGood.

Maybe it is because usually BangGood to not have the expensive stuff.

Gosh... 60 days and still no parcel.  It has actually come to the point where, I have gone for so long without the use of the product that I ordered I think I can continue with my life without it.  Need to get a refund from banggoods now.

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on how you paid, you can get a refund after x number of days.

I've done it to Hobbyking twice now. 44 days after order placed, go to paypal and request refund. They ask HK for a delivery conformation, HK doesn't have one so I get the refund.

Then when the package arrives ~80 days later (true story), free loot.

• 11 months later...

Well it has been a year since I last used Banggoods and decided to try ordering from them again as I believe everyone deserves a second chance.

My order with them this time was for 115 USD.  Had to wait 10 days before they would ship order.  After the wait they said it shipped.  Next day they emailed me to say my parcel was damaged and it was on the way back to them.  I asked them to resend once they received it.  A further day they emailed and advised me that they where now out of stock and had to wait another 10 days for new shipment.  Decided on a refund.

Anyone else think they never had to stock to begin with? 

Banggood is generally good, communicating with the customer. I ordered lot of small and big stuff from them without a problem. I believe what they said may be correct. It's not a mom and pop shop to do anything silly. My 2 cents anyway.

2 hours ago, John Eucist said:

@Chuts you live in HK.  Why would you use banggood over taobao?

Thought Banggoods would be a better service but after reading some of the product reviews that people gave to products "Stocked" with Banggoods I have come to the conclusion they stock too many "Class A" goods.  Have paid more for goods to be sent from USA at least that way have more guarantee they are genuine products.

Taobao sellers have ratings, reviews, and volume statistics which are pretty effective indicators whether they are any good. I do get other people to read them for me though because, like yourself, my Chinese reading skills are bad. 

Just now, John Eucist said:

Taobao sellers have ratings, reviews, and volume statistics which are pretty effective indicators whether they are any good. I do get other people to read them for me though because, like yourself, my Chinese reading skills are bad. 

You know me, John, I like to investigate things thoroughly and I can't do that if I don't understand a language 100% and getting someone to translate doesn't help because they will likely miss things if they are not (as anal) like me about the details.  So to be safe I wouldn't buy anything from taobao just for that reason.

Archived