Freemotionshop still open??

thatguy303

Hello everyone. I bought a kingsong 18xl from freemotionshop back in July. The wheel is dead. It is still under warranty but I can't get in touch with freemotion. I have called, emailed, used messenger on there site and I don't get a response. Does anyone know if they are still in business? Has anyone had any luck with warranty issues and dealing with freemotion? I don't want to start leaving bad reviews, but I want my wheel working. 

Update. 

Freemotion has sent me all parts that I need to fix my 18xl. They sent them for free and told me they apologize for the miscommunication. I can't say a bad thing about them at this point. They came through like rockstars for me

Edited by thatguy303
Spoke with freemotion today
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, thatguy303 said:

Hello everyone. I bought a kingsong 18xl from freemotionshop back in July. The wheel is dead. It is still under warranty but I can't get in touch with freemotion. I have called, emailed, used messenger on there site and I don't get a response. Does anyone know if they are still in business? Has anyone had any luck with warranty issues and dealing with freemotion? I don't want to start leaving bad reviews, but I want my wheel working.

As it seems you should prepare for the worst:

You have some chance to back your warranty claims with the help of paypal or credit card "escalaction"? Or with the help of a lawyer?

Otherwise ... :(

For other reports/more information try googling for

site:forum.electricunicycle.org freemotion

BTW: In case you manage to return the wheel for your warranty claim imho recording the state of the wheel in every detail, best with some "trusted professional" before shipment could be very very helpfull...

Not that the wheel receives spontanous miraculous healing on the way. Or inexplicable but clear signs of warranty exluded customer faults appear...

9 hours ago, thatguy303 said:

The wheel is dead

If you like to describe what happened to your wheel with detailed symptoms, maybe a relative easy solution can be found to revive the wheel? For example a new motherboard is not to expensive and should be doable for many customers. This could get you riding again without going through this most probable time and nerve consuming hassle. Or prevent a total loss ...

If you are prepared to go the way to claim your rights imo any lawyer would recommend one to not publish any details...

• Like 1

Ya, don't mess about -- lock it up through paypal immediately and learn how to test the battery pack, or find someone who can.

Then, prepare for the onslaught of expletives and harassing emails/texts. He only stopped this when I told him I was keeping all of his communications and would initiate legal action if he didn't back off.

It's funny, I haven't seen that pick of the guy for a while. But yip, I just don't like his face! It's the kinda face that makes me wanna slap someone.

Did you actually receive the parts?  I was told several times they would send the parts for my non-working V11 (after not getting responses for exceedingly long times) and they never actually sent them.  I finally finished (and won) the CC dispute process a few days ago. 

Edit: I’ve been planning to post a “review” of them (literally just the transcripts of our “conversations” with time stamps, ie what I sent the CC dispute team) but wanted to wait until it was fully resolved before posting

Edited by BarrettJ
Added edit
  • Like 2