Might get a sherman from Ewheels few Questions

No1up

I ride in South Texas its HOT outside. Is the sherman good at keeping cool internally?

Hows the rim issue? 

Do you fellas strap a speaker on the roll cage for music? 

Coming from an AR Nikola+ so I'm used to a heavy wheel, but is it nimble or a pain to maneuver in tight spaces? 

No mud gaurd? 

Should I? 😁

How exactly are you going to get a Sherman from ewheels? Did someone cancel their pre-order? Last batch they're selling has already been sold... I'm on it waiting for mine too but this will be my second Sherman. Sold my first to a friend (no issues really). 

I don't ride in extreme temperatures but never had any problems in 90+f on flat terrain. The biggest thing is keeping the air vents clear for proper air flow. I have speakers strapped to my roll cage on both sides but they don't block the air flow ports. 

It won't be as maneuverable as a 16 inch wheel you're going to lose some agility at low speeds in trade for stability at higher speeds. You'll also have significantly less torque than a nikola if that's important to you. It's basically not fun until you hit 20-25mph minimum. Unless you're seated then lower speeds are OK. Riding it at under 15mph speeds sucks usually. It's not a sidewalk wheel. It's a second gear wheel. Doesn't get fun until the higher speeds. 

It's basically like a harley it's a cruiser. Don't expect it to maneuver around tight spaces as easily you won't be able to pendulum on it at a stop light for example. 

Mud guard for sure. And kickstand too. 

Edited by MrRobot

9 hours ago, No1up said:

I ride in South Texas its HOT outside. Is the sherman good at keeping cool internally?

It doesn't have the best cooling but then again some people ride it in hot areas already without problems, it can overheat (and burn the motheboard) on really long steep hills or if you accelerate very hard up a steep hill because it can draw so much power from the batteries so just me mindful of that, having EUC World alerts are great to prevent overheating or too much power draw.

9 hours ago, No1up said:

Hows the rim issue?

Brittle rims was not on all wheels just some, imagine how many Shermans there are out there and how few people actually reported the rim falling apart, there is no official info from LeaperKim but my educated guess would be that it was one batch that suffered from faulty material. While this issue sucks and I feel for people who had it happen to them I think it's blown out of proportion by the community overall, the motherboard burning up from too much power draw is a bigger issue IMO and that isn't/wont be fixed.

9 hours ago, No1up said:

Do you fellas strap a speaker on the roll cage for music?

I put my speaker on the front straps of my backpack, it's both for music and for EUC World Alerts.

9 hours ago, No1up said:

Coming from an AR Nikola+ so I'm used to a heavy wheel, but is it nimble or a pain to maneuver in tight spaces?

This is more a question of what tire you will use and are used to, I have the same tire (Kenda 262) on both my MSP and my Sherman and they feel about the same to ride (for me that tire feels nimble), the Sherman feels a bit more balanced and planted, you feel the extra weight but it's not always a bad thing it makes it feel pretty comfortable specially off-road for example, it feels nice to ride.

9 hours ago, No1up said:

No mud gaurd?

Not sure what you're asking for by this, there are mudgards for sherman and having one is great.

17 hours ago, MrRobot said:

How exactly are you going to get a Sherman from ewheels? Did someone cancel their pre-order? Last batch they're selling has already been sold... I'm on it waiting for mine too but this will be my second Sherman. Sold my first to a friend (no issues really). 

I don't ride in extreme temperatures but never had any problems in 90+f on flat terrain. The biggest thing is keeping the air vents clear for proper air flow. I have speakers strapped to my roll cage on both sides but they don't block the air flow ports. 

It won't be as maneuverable as a 16 inch wheel you're going to lose some agility at low speeds in trade for stability at higher speeds. You'll also have significantly less torque than a nikola if that's important to you. It's basically not fun until you hit 20-25mph minimum. Unless you're seated then lower speeds are OK. Riding it at under 15mph speeds sucks usually. It's not a sidewalk wheel. It's a second gear wheel. Doesn't get fun until the higher speeds. 

It's basically like a harley it's a cruiser. Don't expect it to maneuver around tight spaces as easily you won't be able to pendulum on it at a stop light for example. 

Mud guard for sure. And kickstand too. 

Ewheels has a few in stock right now.