New EXN needs HELP!

BIGboiFASTboi

EXN arrived today, and went for a test ride.  This is what I learned...

Begode EXN Problems/Issues:
- Fan not working (It worked initially when I first started riding.)  
- Can't control light on/off/blink.  (It was off originally, then it turned on, and I can't turn it back off aside from turning the EUC off.)
- How do I upgrade the firmware in the GotWay app? It's horrible!

I'm going to diagnose the broken fan... but can anyone help me understand why I can't control the light via the power button, Gotway app, or EUC world? Also, is there more than 1 Gotway App for Android? I tried following a tutorial online to upgrade the firmware, and my app looks nothing like what I saw on youtube. I feel like an idiot. Please help! 🙂

Update:

Fan & Lights: Seems like the board that serves power to my fan, and lights is no good.  Tail light does not turn on at all... head light is stuck on -- no control other than turning the EUC on & off.  Fan is intermittent, and isn't running when it needs to -- causing it to overheat at slow speeds, flat ground (~15mph).  

Firmware: I was running the wrong app on my phone.  Found the right one on Begode's website, and updated the firmware.  Hopefully that fixes the crazy pedal dip while turning, even in hard mode!  

Guess I'll be reaching out to my dealer to see what we can do...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Smokinsound said:

Hopefully that fixes the crazy pedal dip while turning, even in hard mode!  

This was normally a sign of bad calibration - the wheel has to be level in _any_ direction while calibrating. Not only forward/backwards.

Could of course be a bad gyro, too.

Anyways with

17 minutes ago, Smokinsound said:

Seems like the board that serves power to my fan, and lights is no good.

The best solution is to 

18 minutes ago, Smokinsound said:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chriull said:

This was normally a sign of bad calibration - the wheel has to be level in _any_ direction while calibrating. Not only forward/backwards.

Could of course be a bad gyro, too.

Anyways with

The best solution is to 

I'll give that a shot!  Couldn't hurt to try.  I'm coming to the conclusion that maybe my DC board is bad.  Dealer said he'll send a new one out.  Hopefully that fixes me up!

• Like 2

On 8/19/2021 at 3:58 AM, Smokinsound said:

Update:

Fan & Lights: Seems like the board that serves power to my fan, and lights is no good.  Tail light does not turn on at all... head light is stuck on -- no control other than turning the EUC on & off.  Fan is intermittent, and isn't running when it needs to -- causing it to overheat at slow speeds, flat ground (~15mph).  

Firmware: I was running the wrong app on my phone.  Found the right one on Begode's website, and updated the firmware.  Hopefully that fixes the crazy pedal dip while turning, even in hard mode!  

BIB; that’s how the original firmware on the black board was tuned. It’s not a specific issue with the wheel. That’s just the tune in the original firmware. Now if you did the “exn accelerated stability update”  on the begode app. The new tune is different and all the riding modes have been recalibrated. 

as for the other electrical issues you are currently having. Sounds like you have a bad board. 

Edited by Mayhem
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mayhem said:

Nice!! How you liking the exn? 

I've been riding 40-70 miles a day, absolutely LOVING it.  Did 40 miles today, with 51% battery left... about 89 volts.  Can't complain about that!  So much power at the ready.  I moved up from the 16X, and the larger tire really inspires confidence.  

11 hours ago, Smokinsound said:

I've been riding 40-70 miles a day, absolutely LOVING it.  Did 40 miles today, with 51% battery left... about 89 volts.  Can't complain about that!  So much power at the ready.  I moved up from the 16X, and the larger tire really inspires confidence.  

Yea the range is nice on it for sure. I get very similar voltage at the 40 mile mark as well. A few spirited runs 😎here and there will bring that voltage down faster then that but holds up very well overall. Handles very similar to a 16x i find as well.

5 hours ago, Mayhem said:

Yea the range is nice on it for sure. I get very similar voltage at the 40 mile mark as well. A few spirited runs 😎here and there will bring that voltage down faster then that but holds up very well overall. Handles very similar to a 16x i find as well.

I get about 50 miles but I'm always accelerating braking and carving side to side I can't stop setting off fast with the torque been there,  but I do have the MSS version is a bit of a beast for hills or setting off fast ,I never intend to I just can't help it

1 minute ago, stephen said:

I get about 50 miles but I'm always accelerating braking and carving side to side I can't stop setting off fast with the torque been there,  but I do have the MSS version is a bit of a beast for hills or setting off fast ,I never intend to I just can't help it

5 hours ago, Mayhem said:

That's right!  Spirited runs, I have about 30% left after 40 miles or so.  We had some small battery riders with us yesterday, and we had to cruise 15-20 most of the ride.  So I just took the opportunity see what type of range the EXN might get at lower speeds.  Impressive, for sure!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, stephen said:

I hear that, it’s hard to hold back on long straights. How does the mss exn compare to stock exn @stephen?

21 hours ago, Smokinsound said:

That's right!  Spirited runs, I have about 30% left after 40 miles or so.  We had some small battery riders with us yesterday, and we had to cruise 15-20 most of the ride.  So I just took the opportunity see what type of range the EXN might get at lower speeds.  Impressive, for sure!

Did you update the firmware for acceleration stability ? 

Edited by Mayhem

4 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

Did you update the firmware for acceleration stability ? 

I did!  Much better with pedal dipping in the turns.  Took a while to get used to the dips, as compared to KingSong staying very level in hard mode.  I also re-calibrated with -3* tilt.  Also helps minimize the dipping, and gives me some nice leverage for maintaining speed, and accelerating.

Edited by Smokinsound

14 minutes ago, Smokinsound said:

I did!  Much better with pedal dipping in the turns.  Took a while to get used to the dips, as compared to KingSong staying very level in hard mode.  I also re-calibrated with -3* tilt.  Also helps minimize the dipping, and gives me some nice leverage for maintaining speed, and accelerating.

Yea it’s a lot better tuning for sure. Ive played around with the tilt and For me i find it helps below 35mph but above that the angle makes it more difficult to maintain speed / stability. Throws my center of gravity off.