riding gloves

Are their any gloves with full finger cover, skid plate or whatever its called and, wrist flex protection. the closest I've seen is the hillbilly gloves but they may be called wrist guard but I can't see how well it would protect your wrist, and that the dye comes off on your hands when wet as well as not working well with smartphone screens.

Well, I own a pair of both the full-finger and the no-finger Hillbilly gloves and I can tell you that I love them to death! Once you break them in they are very comfortable, although to be fair I did modify mine by replacing the wraparound Velcro strap with a solid 2" wide elastic band... Anyway, they've gotten me through several falls at 20+ mph with no wrist/hand/finger injuries and I don't see myself replacing them until they get completely worn out.

I've never had any issue with the black dye coming off when wet and I put them through long sweaty rides on scorching days and commutes to work in the torrential rain. As to the smart phone thing... Yeah, no chance. But I'm pretty sure that any glove with legitimate leather fingertips is going to give you some trouble with that, and it's no real problem to just pull the glove off if I really need to use my phone.

1 hour ago, Arbolest said:

But I'm pretty sure that any glove with legitimate leather fingertips is going to give you some trouble with that, and it's no real problem to just pull the glove off if I really need to use my phone.

There are touchscreen stickers available for gloves. Pulling a glove is often inconvenient, especially with all the velcro straps of a wrist guard (your elastic band mod probably helps). If I just want a quick glance at the navigator or to check a message I would like some touch functionality on my gloves, at least one finger out of ten :)

2 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Gyroriderz gloves have skid plates, wrist protection, finger protection and are also touch-screen compatible... 

I totally love my set . . . Still need to remind myself that although they are touch screen compatible that doesn't mean I can unlock my phone with a finger print scan  😀

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lex Smith said:

I totally love my set . . . Still need to remind myself that although they are touch screen compatible that doesn't mean I can unlock my phone with a finger print scan  😀

But you can register your nose as a "finger print" allowing you to unlock your phone with gloves on...   :blink1:

• Like 2