Mcm5 130wh or V5F

Hi all,

Could anyone please advise me which to get

I had a v5 when i started and as everyone has felt, they wanted an upgrade, so now i own a v10F.

Im getting my wife one but i want to make sure she wont feel the same after she got good

The only choices are Gotway MCM5 130wh or Inmotion v5F

From the tech sheets mcm5 seems a better choice but my seller said it was 130wh.

Researching online its a 67.2v 900wh motor 25hm/h... Other sites says different even with a 67.2v model motor have 1500wh and 35km/h

The v5F on the other hand nothing much to say as i have owned a v5 but my worry is will it fall under what everyone has experienced of the urge for an upgrade.

I cant get a direct specs online of a mcm5 130wh model but the seller showed me the manual of the mcm5... 20km/h 1500wh motor and a stick in the front of the mcm5 130wh

Any suggestions guys please

Thank you

• Like 1

Welcome @GMike

2 hours ago, GMike said:

I cant get a direct specs online of a mcm5 130wh model but the seller showed me the manual of the mcm5... 20km/h 1500wh motor and a stick in the front of the mcm5 130wh

130Wh for an EUC is imho almost ridiculous - that's just one set of cells in series!

The v5f could be just 20 cells in series, too? Or they use 2 1900mAh cells in parallel? Which would be a very strong argument for the v5f.

I'd assume your wife will outgrow both of these wheels soon. If she'll not only promenade some kilometers with lower speed.

But you know the difference yourself from the step from the v5 to the v10f!

Btw: (nominal) motor power is in W. Batter capacity in Wh. Low capacity batteries not only give low ranges, they are also not more prone to be overburdened, especually at lower charge - so more chance for a faceplant to happen.

• Like 1

130Wh was bad four years ago, but today’s standards it really is ridiculous. Probably exists only so one could take an EUC on an airplane. (Not sure if even that applies anymore though.) Even the darn MTen has many times that.

There are different kinds of riders. For some, gently strolling to the corner shop at a jogging pace might be all they want to do with their EUC. For that 130Wh might be just enough. But as a rider yourself I’m sure you have experienced how both the needs and the urges grow way faster than one would expect, regarding both distance as well as speed.

So, what kind of riding do you think or wish that your wife would do? And do you think her needs and wishes would grow as fast as yours did?

Why are V5F and a 130Wh MCM5 the only options though? 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GMike said:

The only choices are Gotway MCM5 130wh or Inmotion v5F

Do you speak about new or second hand? On aliexpress I have not seen Gotway MCM5 130wh or 170wh since early 2019!!
Because Lithium battery stay safe about 3 years long (especially that small), I'll buy the MCM5, discard the 16 cells (or great for USB power bank) reuse the BMS, and rebuilt a bigger battery pack - there is space for 80cells!

Of course, only if you know what you are doing.

I would add that it seems dangerous to give your partner an underpowered wheel if you plan to regularly ride together. You would have to constantly force yourself to keep a boringly slow speed on the V10F. Otherwise your partner would try to keep up with you and overpower her wheel (this seems to often happen in group rides to riders with slower wheels).

Anyway, I agree with others that both options are bad. If you still have to choose between the two I would go for the V5 and be ready to upgrade again soon.

• Like 1

Hi guys thanks for the replies,  i got the mcm5 straight after work before i could read all your messages... Very interesting insights, thank you again...

Reason for this 2 EUC are both selling like new for second hand us$167 for mcm and us$206 for vf5

Quite happy with the mcm5 as it have upgrade potential. Ive tested it for a while and i reached 27km/h (flat surface, wearing helmet w chin guard). That got me hooked. I know about the 130wh so i didn't push it... I also noticed the battery % fluctuates from 93% to 20% going uphill about 13 degrees (more or less) going about 12km/h, it beeped once and i didn't push it... Of course its the battery wh issue... 

Im going to do a test ride commute to work tomorrow, dont want a cutout on a normal cruise when my wife learns to ride...

If my wife outgrows it, my 13yo son could have it.

Ive got a friend who is very good at modding EUC, he upgrades his battery packs, so ill turn to him. 

Previously owning the v5, yes the v5f is sleek, solid and elegant but its capped with no headroom. Correct me if im wrong.

4 hours ago, yoos said:

I would add that it seems dangerous to give your partner an underpowered wheel if you plan to regularly ride together. You would have to constantly force yourself to keep a boringly slow speed on the V10F. Otherwise your partner would try to keep up with you and overpower her wheel (this seems to often happen in group rides to riders with slower wheels).

Anyway, I agree with others that both options are bad. If you still have to choose between the two I would go for the V5 and be ready to upgrade again soon.

We plan on just cruising to some trails, getting to somewhere with a view, when walking to get there is just too tiresome but with the euc we can get alot of ground coverage, u know. (Its not about being lazy)

Cheers guys

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, GMike said:

Ive got a friend who is very good at modding EUC, he upgrades his battery packs, so ill turn to him. 

In this case the mcm5 is indeed the much better choice! Triple the potential with 1500W vs 500W of the V5F! That 93%->20% drop is indeed some severe sag. It should go away once a larger battery pack is installed.

• Like 2