Is Gotway Nikola plus comparable to Inmotion V12 in performance?

I have been seeing the V12 videos on YouTube. 100V, 16*3 tyre and no suspension. These are the exact features offered by Nik + right? Can someone explain me how V12 is better? 

(Just to set the context, I want to know about the performance view point mainly, not about say headlight, kickstand or the touchscreen in V12.)

4 minutes ago, Yeshwanth Akurathi said:

I have been seeing the V12 videos on YouTube. 100V, 16*3 tyre and no suspension. These are the exact features offered by Nik + right? Can someone explain me how V12 is better? 

(Just to set the context, I want to know about the performance view point mainly, not about say headlight, kickstand or the touchscreen in V12.)

Most will say V12 is better because of QC/safety stuff like Smart BMS that individually balances the battery, and dual battery power connects for more evenly power distribution.

But sheer performance, IMHO the Nik+ is better because there's no speed throttling curve as you deplete the battery (although this will probably mean the Nik+ range is sacrificed, the more you average higher speeds).

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

But sheer performance, IMHO the Nik+ is better because there's no speed throttling curve as you deplete the battery (although this will probably mean the Nik+ range is sacrificed, the more you average higher speeds).

Thanks for telling this!
But can you please elaborate or help me to understand the meaning of throttling curve? Does this mean acceleration...? 

AFAIK there is very small speed throttling curve on V12 as well. It means the top speed is reduced as the batter gets lower. But it's difficult to compare on percentages as Gotways won't deplete batter as far as V12. 

Apart from those other features you don't care about, the main difference could be riding feel. This is a matter of taste, but Inmotion V12 offers much better settings to change riding behaviour and feel. 

• Like 1

To me the difference is in the mentality of the two companies more than anything else. The wheels probably perform very close to the same.. 

(i dont really know how to say it in words but ill try). If you like the way gotways handle the battery depletion vs the inmotion way.. then the v12 will probably not be the wheel for you..  Inmotion's tiltback and things some would consider safer.. but you get a bit more restricted as the battery drains. 

So one could say on the v12 you get that tip-top performance for less of the time.. But the flip side is, you prob get more range, a little bit safer ride, etc. 

The Xfactor here is the fact they are both 16inch wheels.. Which to be honest, i think both of these wheels are pushing the limit of how fast and things you can even go with a 16 inch wheel.. If you want that performance or truly higher top speeds.. I would say look at a bigger wheel all together.. 

If you want that 16inch wheel experience.. then either one will prob be really good.. v12 is newer with much better amenities.  

EDIT: i forgot to mention there are nikola+'s out there though with some mods from other companies, like alien rides, etc.. Some have added battery capacity and some other things.. So take a look at those models too! 

Edited by jimjam.nyc
  • Like 2

I think the thing to consider too is that the Nikola has been around for a long time, while V12's are still mostly in the hands of reviewers. For the Nikola, we have reviews from almost everyone, and also a lot of anecdotal evidence from owners about the performance of the Nikola. I imagine we'll get more similar info on the V12 as more people get them later this year. 

I picked up the AlienRides Nikola+ with the 2700 Wh battery, which for a 16 inch wheel is pretty amazing. Gives me the option of riding at higher speeds for a longer duration, or just have a ton of range available when riding at more casual speeds.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/30/2021 at 10:51 PM, TheSlyGiraffEV said:

I think the thing to consider too is that the Nikola has been around for a long time, while V12's are still mostly in the hands of reviewers. For the Nikola, we have reviews from almost everyone, and also a lot of anecdotal evidence from owners about the performance of the Nikola. I imagine we'll get more similar info on the V12 as more people get them later this year. 

I picked up the AlienRides Nikola+ with the 2700 Wh battery, which for a 16 inch wheel is pretty amazing. Gives me the option of riding at higher speeds for a longer duration, or just have a ton of range available when riding at more casual speeds.

I'm seriously thinking about the AR NK.. still lile it? How's it holding up? Lot of wobble? Comfortable peddles?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, No1up said:

I'm seriously thinking about the AR NK.. still lile it? How's it holding up? Lot of wobble? Comfortable peddles?

Loving the wheel so far! The only time I found it wobbly was when I first got it and was learning how to adapt to a 65 pound wheel..put on Clark pads, carve often while riding, and have a more offset stance. Haven’t encountered wobbles since.

Pedals are fairly comfortable, though I am looking into the larger Begode honeycomb pedals for the extra size since I wear a US size 13 shoe. It’s a fantastic wheel. That battery size is great for going on longer rides and not having to compromise speed just to make it back without running out of juice.

• Like 3

On 8/3/2021 at 11:55 PM, TheSlyGiraffEV said:

Loving the wheel so far! The only time I found it wobbly was when I first got it and was learning how to adapt to a 65 pound wheel..put on Clark pads, carve often while riding, and have a more offset stance. Haven’t encountered wobbles since.

Pedals are fairly comfortable, though I am looking into the larger Begode honeycomb pedals for the extra size since I wear a US size 13 shoe. It’s a fantastic wheel. That battery size is great for going on longer rides and not having to compromise speed just to make it back without running out of juice.

I can't find a photo with thr Clark pads on thr AR NK+ does it cover the cool AR little L.E.D circle? Also, think you can post a picture? 😁

4 minutes ago, No1up said:

I can't find a photo with thr Clark pads on thr AR NK+ does it cover the cool AR little L.E.D circle? Also, think you can post a picture? 😁

The way I have it, it does cover it up a little. I have Velcro covering a lot of it at the moment, but I plan on cutting that Velcro away to get more of that LED circle more visible.

20210810_085635.jpg

• Like 1

I originally used the newer Begode pads, which were functional, but I found them a little uncomfortable because of how small they were. When I leaned my shin forward to accelerate, it put a lot of pressure in one spot in my leg. I haven’t used pads previously of any brand, but decided to go with Clark’s due to popularity despite the higher cost.

With the Clark Pads, since it’s larger and taller. It spreads the pressure up the length of my shin and with the foam, feels very comfortable. I can accelerate quickly, or slowly with fine tuned pressure. It also reduces stress on my feet since all the pushing is now with my entire shin instead of strictly leaning forward. Turning is also easier since they basically act as “handlebars” for my shins.

I don’t hang the pads low for the jump block to lock my feet in, though I may reposition.

I have also thought of separating the front and back to put the back part in a better braking position.

Edited by TheSlyGiraffEV
  • Like 1

My pads fit the Nik just fine. You mount them near the top centered. Of course, I cant compete with Clark pads on price...

If you find pads to be a tiny bit too wide, you can always mount them higher up to lessen the swing just below the knee. Of course, if you use jump block that are incorporated with, you lose that distance. I tend to think that jump blocks and power pads are most adjustable if seperate entities. ymmv

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Got the V12 and I'm not sure to prefer it to my Nik+..

Very heavy, top heavy too. More torque than the Nik, but I don't like the ride feel compared to it. Maybe it's just a matter of time. Or the tire. I prefer knobby tires.

But has a big gyro effect. Plus wobbles a lot more than my Nik.

The touchscreen is ok, but picky. Always changing the too speed and alarms while I just want to scroll the screen to access options down.. hard to click on the settings menu icon.

I prefer the Nik trolley. I don't like having to click and click again and again to lock and unlock . I disabled this option with a tie wrap and added strong velcro so it stays down in bumps. Still the Nik trolley is better.

I love the pedal options in hight.

I don't care about top speed as I think 16 inches wheels are not really meant for that plus it's not my riding style.

A great surprise is the v11 seat doesn't fit.. but a good old msx seat fits like a charm!

Might be selling this wheel to keep my old Nik..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2021 at 7:01 PM, TheSlyGiraffEV said:

I have Velcro covering a lot of it at the moment, but I plan on cutting that Velcro away to get more of that LED circle more visible.

On 8/10/2021 at 8:42 PM, ShanesPlanet said:

My pads fit the Nik just fine. You mount them near the top centered.

Hi TheSlyGiraffEV and ShanesPlanet. Can I ask if you've had any trouble with the GW/Begode logos on the sides? I'm thinking about buying power pads for my Nik+ too, but worried about the convex logos which are (in my opinion) quite significant from the shell surface. I'm curious if larger pads still hold well on top of it?

Edited by Steven007

23 hours ago, TheSlyGiraffEV said:

Nope, no problems at all with Velcro mounting pads over the logos!

Thanks!