EUC Saddlebags.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like your design eliminates the ability to lean forward or backwards... that’s the major flaw I see.

If you change it to like a powerpads shape, you could get by with that, though opening and accessing them will likely be awkward no matter how it’s executed. And forget about cardboard, you’d want some other material or the first tip over it’ll all go flat

my euc storage is only a tiny pouch Velcro’s on the spine of the euc. In that pouch holds just one thing: a drawstring nylon backpack. These kind of backpacks are cheap and flimsy, usually used for go to the gym or casual hiking, but I love em cause they take up almost no space when they’re empty. Backpacks are the way to go for carrying stuff around on a wheel. 

• Like 2

My powerpads/legs end at a mere 4" from the front and rear roll bars near the top.  Anything on my wheel would have to be no wider than that. They are also around 50mm tall. Any soft item that sticks out more than that, would be first point of impact. You MAY find a tiny bit more room above the pedal just above the ankle. But NOW you're easily in sherman bms territory. As much as I just HATE carrying things, I would probably go with a stupid hip pack or backpack. One could always find some little cheap purse type bags, sew velco on them and then stick some on the wheel. I think @Denny Paul pretty much summed it up. Of course, if someone never falls and doesnt lean much, I could see it being somewhat feasible. Not hard to try. Buy a couple purses/shoulder bags and tie the straps together, drape over the wheel and go for it! Ideas are always good, even if they aren't. :thumbup:

Edited by ShanesPlanet

I thought about adding saddle bags but to be used when shopping at the super market etc. I find it difficult holding the wheel, a basket, my helmet and wrist guards. If I could put a bag on the wheel while I'm trolleying it around then life would be easier. I'd want something I could carry on my back once I'm riding the wheel though. I was trying to come up with a design that would be generic to all wheels though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I thought about adding saddle bags but to be used when shopping at the super market etc. I find it difficult holding the wheel, a basket, my helmet and wrist guards. If I could put a bag on the wheel while I'm trolleying it around then life would be easier. I'd want something I could carry on my back once I'm riding the wheel though. I was trying to come up with a design that would be generic to all wheels though.

Man you totally got something there! I didnt think of how nice it would be to have for trolleying. Of course, would the stores be all that thrilled about your makeshift shopping cart? It is a total pita to carry stuff and trolley a wheel. I dont use mine for shopping, but plenty probably do. I'd like to see that idea developed!

I’ve done the grocery run with my small EUCs, only 30-35lb. In the moment, just seemed easiest to put the EUC in the shopping cart while on the store.  Had a backpack to get stuff home - just seems preferable to me, instead of messing with the balance of the EUC. 
Maybe a tight little couple of pockets as firmly connected saddle bags for those mini tools you wanna EDC when riding?

I have this saddle bag I made years ago for a bicycle saddle. The bike is sold, but I re-used the bag. :)  It’s not crush proof, but unless the wheel goes into a tumble, it’s good enough - a tip over, a low speed run-off, etc… keeps the bag fine enough for me to carry in some lights, a reflection vest and so on.

C872EE58-480E-4278-90E6-DD7E4E396B9D.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

To be balanced with a backpack, you can add the same bag on your stomach. I have seen saddlebags on the legs but it widens the rider and shocks trees or vehicles next to it.