Gotway MSP High Speed Running Temp

Anybody who has one of these, could you please check what temperature your wheel runs at?  There are times when I am riding that I reach 60C.  Just wondering if these wheels tend to run hot.  It did not do this in the cooler months, but now that it is warmer in Florida, the wheels seems to heat up very quickly.  The fan sounds like it is working fine.

My MSX 84v hardly ever reaches over 53C.  Just wondering if it is the difference in battery capacity.

I put some padding on the wheel, but I don't think I covered any vents since they all looked fake.

Any help or information would be appreciated.

@ODST- ambient temperature directly influences wheel temperature. So 7 degrees hotter means the wheel will run 7 degrees hotter.

Msp high speed sounds like going faster than with the msx 84? Higher speeds impact power dissipation significantly!

I don't have any experience neither with the msx or an msp - but getting some 25-30°C hotter than ambient with "ambitious" driving sounds fair imho?

My Nikola used to overheat after 10 mins of common riding. 66°C. But the fan was broken. Now I hardly reach 59°C.

Nikola and MSP HS do have the same motor at least.

16 hours ago, Chriull said:

@ODST- ambient temperature directly influences wheel temperature. So 7 degrees hotter means the wheel will run 7 degrees hotter.

Msp high speed sounds like going faster than with the msx 84? Higher speeds impact power dissipation significantly!

I don't have any experience neither with the msx or an msp - but getting some 25-30°C hotter than ambient with "ambitious" driving sounds fair imho?

thanks for the reply.

I am riding on the MSP HS faster, abouth 5-6 mph. 

The ambient temperature thing does not make a lot of sense to me.  If this were the case, why have the fan?  The fan should try to keep the wheel at a steady temperature.  The wheel should not run as hot as normal plus the ambient temperature.  The fan should hopefully be able to maintain a relatively steady temperature, like a radiator on a car.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ODST said:

If this were the case, why have the fan?

You are right!

1 hour ago, ODST said:

The fan should try to keep the wheel at a steady temperature.

But as you write - the fans are trying! They are for higher burdens and ambient temperatures not enough to keep the temperature, but just lower it.

Maybe both wheels have different threshold temperatures for turning the fan on, too?

Msp hs here, tends to run at around 130F. Averaging 30mph on flat ground at 72F, 180 lbs. 

might creep up to 150s if I go my favorite (uphill) canyon route. I usually need a break before the wheel does, 

On 5/31/2021 at 7:14 PM, ODST said:

MSX 84v hardly ever reaches over 53C.  Just wondering if it is the difference in battery capacity.

keep in mind that 84V systems runs cooler compared to 100v, torque motor also run cooler than speed one.

btw if you are pushing the wheel in the summer is pretty normal to see 50-55C and if you are facing some hills or something that require more current the temperature rise pretty quickly but also cool down fast while moving.

overheat tiltback temperature is something like 70-75C ;)

On 6/3/2021 at 1:09 PM, EMA said:

keep in mind that 84V systems runs cooler compared to 100v, torque motor also run cooler than speed one.

btw if you are pushing the wheel in the summer is pretty normal to see 50-55C and if you are facing some hills or something that require more current the temperature rise pretty quickly but also cool down fast while moving.

overheat tiltback temperature is something like 70-75C ;)

The overheat/tiltback is what I was worried about.  EUC World has alarm at 60C, so I was a little worried it would shut down.

Thanks!!

13 hours ago, ODST said:

The overheat/tiltback is what I was worried about.  EUC World has alarm at 60C, so I was a little worried it would shut down.

Thanks!!

it start beep and gently rise pedals, nothing to worry about, you can use the EUC temp alarm as a test