EUC world app legal speed

hello,

i just installed this app and was able to test the function of the legal speed that can be applied when selecting the tap and hold main dail.

now it doesn't work anymore.

and if it works, how do i disable it again?

app version 2.4.4

thanks, Hannes

Edited by hannesd

On 5/28/2021 at 12:10 PM, hannesd said:

hello,

i just installed this app and was able to test the function of the legal speed that can be applied when selecting the tap and hold main dail.

now it doesn't work anymore.

and if it works, how do i disable it again?

You have to set the speed/tiltback limit again to what you want.

Afai see this zhe regulatory compliance is just a quick shortcut tio set speed limit to 25km/h. I have not seen anything to "unset" this - just set speed limit again as you wish.

But maybe i missed simething - never used this functionality before.

On 5/28/2021 at 12:10 PM, hannesd said:

app version 2.4.4

Fyi - Actual version is 2.6.

42 minutes ago, Hansolo said:

We are even at the 2.6.2 :D

The legal speed option sets the TB to the legal speed according to the country (location according to GPS), the wheel must be stopped.

ok, so in orde to activate this function, i must come to a full stop?

then to de-activate, i just rise maximumspeed again to what i set it before ?

i just downloaded the app in google playstore, i'd think i had the latest version?

20 minutes ago, hannesd said:

ok, so in orde to activate this function, i must come to a full stop?

yes, the wheels block the possibility to modify the parameters while riding

then to de-activate, i just rise maximumspeed again to what i set it before ?

To return to the previous TB speed, it must be manually set again

i just downloaded the app in google playstore, i'd think i had the latest version?

Normally
Edited by Hansolo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Steven Algoet said:

This does not work for all wheels :-) 
No luck on my sherman...

It's because Sherman doesn't support setting speed limit (tiltback) from app.

• 2 months later...

The legal speed for PLEV in Germany is 20 km/h. But my last click on "enforce regulatory compliance" set the speed limit to 25 km/h, which is valid for E-Bikes only, and will bring me in trouble anyway.

Btw, If the app is set "always on top", the speed setting won't work. In my case I have to unlock my phone first, before any speed setting will be applied to my 16X.

Thanks for the great App @Seba!  :D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Borg666 said:

The legal speed for PLEV in Germany is 20 km/h. But my last click on "enforce regulatory compliance" set the speed limit to 25 km/h, which is valid for E-Bikes only, and will bring me in trouble anyway.

It's because knowing that EUCs are illegal in Germany, I didn't set speed limit rule in EUC database for Germany (so default rule apply). Anyway I will add 20 km/h speed limit for Germany.

Btw, If the app is set "always on top", the speed setting won't work. In my case I have to unlock my phone first, before any speed setting will be applied to my 16X.

Hmm, app being always on top shouldn't affect speed setting but I will check it. Thanks for letting me know about this.

Thanks for the great App @Seba!  :D

Thanks, I'm doing my best :)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Seba said:

Hmm, app being always on top shouldn't affect speed setting but I will check it. Thanks for letting me know about this.

Not quite sure about it, but if my phone usually should be locked (due to display timeout, or whatever) and EUC World still is on top/in the foreground, my observation ist that the speed Imitation won't work in that condition.

(I'm using the "short tap + tap&hold"- shortcut on the gauge for this)

The 20 km/h setting will be useful for Germany anyway, in case to have to demonstrate the "max speed" in front of an officer... :blink1: 

In combination with an (invalid) PLV license plate, it already prevented me from inconvenient consequences several times.  :lol:

Edited by Borg666
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/18/2021 at 1:40 PM, Seba said:

It's because knowing that EUCs are illegal in Germany, I didn't set speed limit rule in EUC database for Germany (so default rule apply). Anyway I will add 20 km/h speed limit for Germany.

Hi Seba,

mee again. 😁   Correct me if I'm wrong, the speed limit rule for Germany still sticks to 25 km/h, doesn't it?

PLVs with regarding license plate are allowed up to 20 km/h here. It would be nice if the "security feature"  😉😉 within the App would reflect 20 instead of 25 km/h.

Cheers, Borg

Hi,

I take advantage of this thread revival to ask about this topic: may regulatory enforcement reactivate 1&2 speed alarm also?

I ask because I use this firmware:

and then in alarm mode 3 (1&2 disabled, PWM Tiltback), tiltback speed won't be set. We have to be in mode 0, 1, or 2 for regulatory enforcement to work.
I've tried and reproduced this behavior several times.

Speed alarms have 4 states. 

0) fixed speed alarm 1 & 2

1) Fixed speed alarm 2

2) PWM alarm

3) ?