Alternatives to Bell Super DH? (Cool Helmets for Summer Usage!)

Hello EUC fans, 

Today I am looking for alternatives to the Bell Super Air R and/or Bell Super DH: 

image.png.db8301fadce50de4bad39eafa6f6a27f.png

I already have two MIPS helmets so this one will only be used once and a while when it's unbearably hot outside. I'm sure the Bell helmets are worth every penny but I'm hoping to find something a bit cheaper, with that said my priority on this purchase is: (1) Ventilation (2) Price (3) Safety, and it must be full face.

Any suggestions?

Edited by Tryptych

Don't know if it'll be cheaper but if it were me, I'd choose either the IXS Trigger FF or the Fox Proframe. Personally I like the IXS more plus its the lightest of 'em all (I think).

Helmet free is only a compromise on the third feature you mention. Ventilation and price is superb! Can't get much fuller face than your FULL face in the windB)

Why looking for an alternative? My Bell DH is pretty cool. It would be hard to beat. If price is a concern, would you really be shopping for ANOTHER? Just bored of what you already have? I say get one with big bunny ears and a pink stripe down the middle!

Edited by ShanesPlanet

4 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Why looking for an alternative? My Bell DH is pretty cool. It would be hard to beat. If price is a concern, would you really be shopping for ANOTHER?

As mentioned, it's the price, and I'd like to know what else is out there. 

ps: you should just sell me your Bell DH since you don't even use it :)

• Like 2

• Tryptych changed the title to Alternatives to Bell Super DH? (Cool Helmets for Summer Usage!)

I recently purchased the Kali Invader 2.0 helmet and after using it few times I think it's a keeper. I don't have much to compare to since this is my first full-face helmet. It is fairly lightweight, well ventilated and the strap is better than my previous helmet. Priced around 180€ / $200.

Zqqont9.jpeg

iAAf5Ug.jpeg

I also tested the Limar Alpe in a local shop. I thought it was very good for the price (around 90€ / $100). Very light but not as comfortable as the Kali and I didn't like the strap which goes around the ear. 

NRPDpwP.jpeg

heahsSO.jpeg

• Like 2

On 5/31/2021 at 6:00 PM, mikar said:

I also tested the Limar Alpe in a local shop. I thought it was very good for the price (around 90€ / $100). Very light but not as comfortable as the Kali and I didn't like the strap which goes around the ear. 

This Limar Alpe is exactly what I'm looking for (and the price is right). Unfortunately it's impossible to find online (with shipping to Canada)....

Anyone know of similar helmets?

• 4 weeks later...

Update: I gave up looking for cheap alternatives, I broke down and paid a lot of money for a Bell Super Air R. I really love it for summer usage, it weighs maybe a quarter of my other MIPS helmets and has ten times more airflow. It hurt my bank account but I have no regrets.

• Like 2

Kali Helmets

Zoka
https://highendscooters.co.uk/product/kali-zoka-full-face-helmet/

Invader

https://highendscooters.co.uk/product/kali-invader-bike-helmet/

I use the invadeemr personally provides alot of air via the numerous vents. Stylish good protectionngood brand at a non bank breakingnprice point. 

Invader-Sld-Mat-Fluo-Ylw-e1611540049145-150x150.jpg

15246-zz_k0221820126-1-e1613702762986-150x150.jpg