EUC World (mistakenly?) reports Zero Battery

EUC World app ver. 2.6.0 is out since yesterday.

I noticed the update during the daily newbie practice, when the app reported "Battery level zero percent". The app then showed a popup, stating that for Gotway plus a few other wheels, battery level would not be measured, but determined mathematically. I forgot the makes of the "other wheels", and I cannot get the popup to show again.

There was also (I seem to recall) a recommendation to adjust a few alarms..

The popup had a LEARN MORE link, starting with https://euc.world/blog/, and leading to a browser 404 Not Found message.

I feel new and confused, and would certainly like to learn more. Anyone like to tell me what I'm doing wrong? @Seba?

This doesn't discuss the algorithm itself, but tells a bit about how the algorithm was developed. From the sound of it, @Seba is taking into account the unfortunate fact that GW does not report battery current and instead reports what appears to be phase current. The improvement is to the algorithm.

I'll have to check with my MTen, but with a KS wheel you can choose 'how' the battery percentage is calculated so you may be able to change a setting in  EUCW to use the battery voltage to infer a percentage.

Edited by Tawpie

9 hours ago, ReinventWheel said:

I forgot the makes of the "other wheels", and I cannot get the popup to show again.

There was also (I seem to recall) a recommendation to adjust a few alarms..

After reading your post, I made sure to get a screen shot of the pop up during my upgrade for you and others to refer to:

EUC World 2.6

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

I just checked with my MTen, and I think I need to ride it before the current and voltage and battery percentages update, right now they're showing dashes. I'll check again after I get geared up and take it for a spin.

Post ride update
Went for a little 8 mile ride, voltage, current and battery all are dashes. On page 2 the phase current updates, but nothing for the other readings.

I filed a terse (probably useless) trouble report via the app, @Seba will sort it out.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Tawpie said:

I just checked with my MTen, and I think I need to ride it before the current and voltage and battery percentages update, right now they're showing dashes. I'll check again after I get geared up and take it for a spin.

I've just checked with my Mten and everything seems normal, so I assume it may be caused by differences in data sent by your wheel. Please make a short test ride (just few minutes will be OK) and send me issue report again. 2.6 introduced some kind of invalid data filtering and for now I suspect that it may be over sensitive. Anyway, we'll sort things out :)

16 hours ago, ReinventWheel said:

Anyone like to tell me what I'm doing wrong?

You're not doing anything wrong, this message is intended to show up only once.