Another Gotway fire

GothamMike

Dang just when I proclaim that I've not heard nor seen a Mten3 on fire, I have to eat my words! I stand corrected. These battery fires are starting to be a bad habit for sure.

The Community has to deliver a very clear message to GotWay/Begode: they must provide a very good explanation of what has been wrong with their designs and what they are going to change. I understand many of us like the unrestrained raw power of Begode wheels, but maybe for our own sake, we together may agree on pausing purchases of Gotways/Begodes until we have them talking about it?...

Besides, to celebrate 10 years of serial EUC production, isn't it the time for a set of minimum requirements (standard) for all wheel manufacturers?... I could imagine at least the three larger manufacturers meet and agree that basic principles of design and manufacture are met? I'd think the list would be:

1. Weather proofing - must comply with at least IP54,

2. Shock resistance - must sustain X.Xm drop without damage to battery,

3. Wiring must be thermally insulated from overheating parts,

What else?....

17 minutes ago, That Guy said:

The Community has to deliver a very clear message to GotWay/Begode: they must provide a very good explanation of what has been wrong with their designs and what they are going to change. I understand many of us like the unrestrained raw power of Begode wheels, but maybe for our own sake, we together may agree on pausing purchases of Gotways/Begodes until we have them talking about it?...

Besides, to celebrate 10 years of serial EUC production, isn't it the time for a set of minimum requirements (standard) for all wheel manufacturers?... I could imagine at least the three larger manufacturers meet and agree that basic principles of design and manufacture are met? I'd think the list would be:

1. Weather proofing - must comply with at least IP54,

2. Shock resistance - must sustain X.Xm drop without damage to battery,

3. Wiring must be thermally insulated from overheating parts,

What else?....

Burn in testing and pretrip computer diagnostics. Most ALL of these qc problems would be found with simple burn in testing. Until theres liability involved, the price and time of such testing is just too much for them to bother with.

9 hours ago, GothamMike said:

Brand new MTen3

That is easily the most impressive fire video i have seen yet. The way those batteries exploded is absolutely absurd. Thise are legit explosions not just fires. I never expected to see batteries on fire hurled 10-15 feet from the machine. Clearly if anyone finds themself in this situation we need to make sure everyone stays well clear of the area, thats just crazy

• Like 1