V11 makes some weird sounds

EUC Endurist

hey there, after i fixed the first vibration problem in the headlight I hear what sounds like plastik creaking to me. Im curious if you´ve ever heard it at yours. 

way to big for here, dunno why i filmed anyway. the sound occurs when leaning into the pedals or espacially do a force switch from forward to backwards.

as always, thanks in advance and cheers 

• 1 month later...

The bent rim has to be assumed from a hard impact, IE over loading the structural strength limits. The sounds appear to be material fatigue and or a manufacturing issue. The wheel is either built poorly or is being used beyond its design. My personal take on suspension wheels is that they are for the reduction of rider fatigue via absorbing road irregularities and not for doing things such as jumps, curb hops and other things that can put thousands of pounds of force into a wheel.

How the wheel has been marketed is a question but how the wheel has been promoted by the most aggressive in the video community is not much of a question. A lot of those folks have made the wheel out to be a stunt device. For better or worse this view has been adopted by some users, I'm not one of them. :)

• Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 11:55 PM, EUC Endurist said:

hey there, after i fixed the first vibration problem in the headlight I hear what sounds like plastik creaking to me. Im curious if you´ve ever heard it at yours. 

way to big for here, dunno why i filmed anyway. the sound occurs when leaning into the pedals or espacially do a force switch from forward to backwards.

as always, thanks in advance and cheers 

The noise in this first video sounds like the traditional pedal creack that the V11 pedal system can exhibit.

Try to tighten the 4mm Allen screws on the underside of the pedal brackets.

14 hours ago, Roadpower said:

The bent rim has to be assumed from a hard impact, IE over loading the structural strength limits. The sounds appear to be material fatigue and or a manufacturing issue. The wheel is either built poorly or is being used beyond its design. My personal take on suspension wheels is that they are for the reduction of rider fatigue via absorbing road irregularities and not for doing things such as jumps, curb hops and other things that can put thousands of pounds of force into a wheel.

How the wheel has been marketed is a question but how the wheel has been promoted by the most aggressive in the video community is not much of a question. A lot of those folks have made the wheel out to be a stunt device. For better or worse this view has been adopted by some users, I'm not one of them. :)

hey there, youre right. I suspect the dent coming from a curb i took to far leaned into one side, thats the only occasion I could imagine where the rim could be bent.

I´d say at least 1/3 distance was driven on mtb trails, did the same things with my KS16X too until it had a cutout (maybe to exactly that reasons?). 

When wheels are designed to fit offroad conditions, arent they exactly the suspension models?^^ which other wheel would you say fits the needs for offroad riding more?

I can drive with that rim, not to tragic, the battery warning is what concerns me a bit.. its working normal until i make a faceplant i guess :P

need to know which parts to order :wacko:

thanks for your comment

56 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

The noise in this first video sounds like the traditional pedal creack that the V11 pedal system can exhibit.

Try to tighten the 4mm Allen screws on the underside of the pedal brackets.

will definitely look into that

thanks for your answer :+1: :thumbup:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, EUC Endurist said:

which other wheel would you say fits the needs for offroad riding more?

I don't know that off road is actually any worse than hard use in an urban environment. How any wheel stands up to use is going to be largely on the rider me thinks. The more you limit forces put into a wheel should ostensibly reduce damage & fatigue. I know Choochtech (of Youtube) loves to off road with his wheels but he has also stated many times that he is not a large fellow and he is obviously low in mass.