I can do a rodeo with my EUC

Berus

Hi !

I little problem with my generic EUC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmYRDlMaVRo

I was waiting for the new mainboard, but at this point I need to open it.
I have my hypothesis about the cause of tremors (easy to solve), but I'm worried about that of free/loose oscillation (forward/back) that I don't remember it have in the first days .. or it have a little more degrees than some days ago.

12 hours ago, Vanquiz said:

Wow, a rodeo unicycle indeed :lol: It's shaking like crazy

@Vanquiz:D

6 hours ago, SlowMo said:

Sorry to say this but I feel that your unit is no longer safe to ride. Time for buy a better model or perhaps a replacement board.

@SlowMo

hi, I'm wating for a new mainboard, with hardware,software upgrade .. but there is some delay, chinese factory is still debug it.:angry:

I have opened it and the bad mainboard isn't fixed well to the body .. it's movable . I was shocked to see how they assmble this board.

I tried to fix it but this not solved at all the problem

I'm not sure that is a board problem, because when there is a weight(person) on the euc this problem is very hard to reproduce... but for sure isn't safe.

I will post some images of this orror :D

3 hours ago, vee73 said:

Probably only the motor shaft nuts are loose. It does exactly that.

@vee73

i thought something similar because if I try to ride the bull .. it stop the tremors:huh:

..but which nuts ? ... this in the image ? (it don't appear loose)

reversedboard3.jpg.3ca68733ae065504c7afa

Here (above) we can see a bottom-top reversed mainboard (fixed outside the pre-built holes).

Here (below) the same EUC with the right mainboard

original.jpg.bd74582f7aeffd18a71153e9acf

9 hours ago, Berus said:

I have opened it and the bad mainboard isn't fixed well to the body .. it's movable . I was shocked to see how they assmble this board.

I tried to fix it but this not solved at all the problem

I'm not sure that is a board problem, because when there is a weight(person) on the euc this problem is very hard to reproduce... but for sure isn't safe.

Were you certain you managed to stop the main board moving?

Whilst I would certainly bow to @vee73's considerable experience, it does occur to me that if the main board could move even just a tiny bit it has the tilt sensor on it so it could end up shaking backwards and forwards whilst commanding the wheel to do the same in a sort of harmonic resonance. It is also possible that with your weight on the wheel, the greater mass would dampen the movement, so the resonance wouldn't get started. I've seen model helicopters do the same thing if the gyro is not firmly attached.

The motor shaft from the big nut. It can also be quite tight, but if the wedges are loose and the shaft can move.
It is difficult to detect without completely disassemble the engine off. There is otherwise unable to see, and is not able to try hand.
You have to take the engine off.
The printed circuit board if there is a loose, also makes the same.

@Keith@vee73

thank you for your support guys.

I hope it's only a board related problem. At this point I only need to wait the upgraded mainboard and if it don't solve the problem I will completely disassemble the EUC .. and maybe in that case I'll be back to ask support again :)

ps. right now the chinese factory tell me that with the new maing I must remove the small board on top the lucent dc dc power module .. a little strange (I think it have overcurrent/voltage protection functions)

• 2 weeks later...

I have uploaded a new small video with slow motion from 00:10 - 00:29 sec that better show the problem (listen and look )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3f8RJtBmxM

this because I had bad news : I was waiting (more than 1month) for upgraded mainboard, today factory said :"don’t wait the new motherboard any more, because they also don’t know when they can text the new motherboard well." :unsure::unsure::unsure::angry:

So I will going to full disassembly this EUC ... but maybe better that I transfer this discussion in "Mod &Repair" forum.

49 minutes ago, Berus said:

I have uploaded a new small video with slow motion from 00:10 - 00:29 sec that better show the problem (listen and look )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3f8RJtBmxM

this because I had bad news : I was waiting (more than 1month) for upgraded mainboard, today factory said :"don’t wait the new motherboard any more, because they also don’t know when they can text the new motherboard well." :unsure::unsure::unsure::angry:

So I will going to full disassembly this EUC ... but maybe better that I transfer this discussion in "Mod &Repair" forum.

I suggest you buy a better model. Repairing this unit will just give you more headaches.

@SlowMo This is my new first unicycle. 1 month old ,  too early to switch to a better one.

@vee73 Now it's completly disassembled .... the first thing noted ... the nuts are very loose

The second thing .. the battery is not one for which I paid (2200 vs 2900 and maybe generic chinese not samsung)

On 28/12/2015 at 9:24 PM, Berus said:

@vee73

reversedboard3.jpg.3ca68733ae065504c7afa

original.jpg.bd74582f7aeffd18a71153e9acf

I think the board is still working well, because when i mount my rodeo bull I can run without big problems ( when I go down it started with bull tremors and jump)

I have only a doubt ..from images the board is "reversed top-bottom", could be this a problem ? I thought about heating problem (now is winter no problem)

So before close/assembly it I want to decide if needed to reverse it or not.  mumble mumble

@Berus,

i am not quite sure which board you are referring to but I think @vee73 is saying the same as I am about to. If the board you attempt to reverse is the one that has the accelerometers on it you could reverse them as well depending on what plane you reverse the board through.  That could result in it seeing you as leaning back when you lean forward and vice versa, or possibly thinking the wheel has fallen over and stop it spinning at all.

Certainly you would need to be very careful if you try it as the wheel may unexpectedly burst into life when you least expect it or throw you off as soon as you mount it.

as always Thanks fo the support

@vee73 I'm not sure but could be true

@Keith I understand, so I don't want risk.

The main reason to reverse the controller on img1 like the controller in img2 was that it isn't fixed on the body pre-built holes. the board holes are in the right position if I turn it ..over the body pre-built holes.

But for now  I wil try to fix better( main idea is to print new holes with my 3dprint and than fix them to the old holes with a printed bar .. maybe i'm not clear but if I will do ..I will show  )

Sorry , another question .

in the image below there is the black cable from motor shaft with a spring(1) and that black gasket(2) .

this image show the orginal position of them, so I would ask : It's possible that the right position of that spring+gasket is another ?

for example more below, inner the motor shaft hole ?

molla.jpg

2 hours ago, esaj said:

I believe the spring is there to prevent the cable from bending too sharply. In my motor it's partially inside the motor nut.

Thanks esaj ..I think that it's his natural position ..partially inside motor shaft/nut:)

Finally the sun, so I went out for a run with my repaired EUC,
Very well,I was surprised : running for 10 days with an unstable, nervous EUC have increased my confidence/skill with it... step up, turn,go through sidewalk holes is  much easier than usual.
But now I'm a little afraid about this nuts .. how many time before they become loose again ?

Is this standard maintenance for an EUC ?

Archived