Any riders near Johnson City TN *New Rider*

pfries911

Hello all,

My name is Pat, I just ordered my first EUC. I am hoping there is an enthusiast near by that might be willing to help me get started, and meet some people to get out with after I am competent 🙃. I would greatly appreciate the time and advice, as it's easier to learn it correctly now than fix bad habits later.

Thank you to all and I hope to meet some great people around the forum.

Happy wheeling 

Pat

• Like 1

Hey Pat, I’m not in your neck of the woods, but I just started riding last month and I’m the only euc rider in the area.

I went to the lonely end of Walmart parking lot and pushed a cart around the first four sessions. Didn’t have one unplanned dismount. As I started to get the feel of it, I’d push the cart away from me just a little. Then I moved to a hike/bike path that had some bridges and boardwalks with handrails. Just a little bit of that, and I was free riding. I also use a belt for a leash so when I hop off, the wheel doesn’t get away from me. Just be careful not to pull up on the belt and trigger the cut off switch.

Hope this helps. Keep the rubber side down !

Edited by OldFartRides
Spelling.
  • Like 1

Johnson City TN, Home of the -Old Crow Medicine Show- ....and tobacco. I visit every now and then. ( 3hr 15 minute from me)  It is good to see non coastal areas picking up the EUC. :thumbup:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yup, tis my old stomping ground from years back. I lived the ghetto, and was on foot. I havent lived there in a long time, but I can definitely get my way around. Think 'tree streets' and near the library/bus station. :blink1: Where I lived has been torn down now tho. I'm now about an hour or so south in North Carolina. I'm hoping to get out and ride a lot this summer, and its much warmer on your side. Hit me up, perhaps we could chase down some beers and food while eating batteries... I play greeneville's golf course as often as I can. Its also 1 hr from me. When you live where I do, EVERYTHING is an hour... Come race the Rattler with me this summer!

Edited by ShanesPlanet

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sounds like it could be doable. Im south of JC by about 1-1.5hrs. Hot springs area... Just south of greeneville is a golf course we can't ride on, but lots of nice open roads off the 107. If you play golf, we can do that too. Theres a few people around the forum in the Virginia area. I've a sherman that may be able to keep up with you, if you're a mid 30's glider. I'm unaware of great riding spots, outside my own little road and Greeneville area.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

• 2 years later...