Look What I got for Christmas

SlowMo

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cloud said:

I so hope the will deliver it tomorrow.....so i can be supernatural again....if i disappear from the forum it means i got the wheel:)

Take some videos man. Just the scenery, not the superfast riding.

Cross over words....  have a conversation in public, and they would think your talking about something else.   "I went for a Quicky , But it was so Wet I couldn't stay Vertical...????  It's morning for me.  You guys that have been a wake could do better with the wordplay

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Elah said:

Got my MCM4-HS yesterday from that supplier (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Reserve-Gotway-MCM4-130wh-260wh-340wh-520WH-680WH-electric-unicycle-one-wheel-scooter-800W-motor-max/32468490098.html) , took a week...all good.

Now just have to master riding it :)

Congrats! You are also now an owner of an unsafe unit. :lol: Just don't overspeed till you drop and you're OK. Joking aside, you will find that this model is very comfortable and powerful and hope you'll have lots of fun time with it. :)

So now, after having this unit for quite some time, I placed some protection padding to the areas where it would be mostly hit if it dropped to it's sides. I also placed some Rhino clear protective tape to the front and back plastic areas and installed some foam just below the handlebar because it might cut the sheen in case of an accident. For the headlight, I bought a double lamp bicycle light. Now I don't need to worry in the night and say " Aziz! Light!". :D

b6dm4p.jpg

3 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

So now, after having this unit for quite some time, I placed some protection padding to the areas where it would be mostly hit if it dropped to it's sides. I also placed some Rhino clear protective tape to the front and back plastic areas and installed some foam just below the handlebar because it might cut the sheen in case of an accident. For the headlight, I bought a double lamp bicycle light. Now I don't need to worry in the night and say " Aziz! Light!". :D

b6dm4p.jpg

Now you qualify for the best looking wheel mods contest :) 

2 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

The ninebots look better man. I know because I own one (my late dearly beloved). :P

The object of the contest is not to choose the best looking wheel but rather the best looking mods - the mods that make the most difference in the look of the wheel

edit: but of course, to your point,  it doesnt hurt to be born beautiful

4 hours ago, SlowMo said:

b6dm4p.jpg

What kind of protection did you put on you pedal because mine is not enough hard. Where i could find it ?

MCM4s.jpg

1 minute ago, Nono said:

What kind of protection did you put on you pedal because mine is not enough hard.

They are called Insulation Foam Tape normally available at local hardware stores in 1" and 2" width . They have a sticky paper adhesive and I added some rubber contact cement on the pedal corners to put them in place.

are there any recorded faceplants on the MCM4 HS version? from what I read all the HS owners seem happy (unlike the victims of the original MCM4) ...what top/cruising speeds are you guys riding at?

5 minutes ago, Nono said:

No faceplant recorded BUT tiltback deactivated I really don't like the pedal oscillation at high speed more or less 28km/h. 

I have tiltback setting on 20km/h, and i did never go over 20km/h :P for now so no faceplant, but @Nono after deactivating tiltback at what speed is first beep and second?

When it start beeping, on 23km/h or higher speed?

Question about adding Light for night traveling. Given that you USB port top MCM4 Unit would the best option be to get a Front&Rear single USB powered/rechargeable light to mount on top? (so no worries about battery dying)...assuming you can do that with battery ones without naffing the battery being on charge all the time.

1 hour ago, Nono said:

I talk about real speed not the funny speed estimation of the app

28kmph real speed is pretty impressive! do you mean pedal oscillation because of tiltback?

4 hours ago, Nono said:

When tiltback desactivated first and second beep are cancelled so the last beep is  happened just before the overpower and the TILT/cutoff 

I talk about real speed not the funny speed estimation of the app

Is the 3rd tilt back changing based on the rider weight ( power demand) or is it a fixed value? If fixed, then hypothetically a heavy rider can cut off before the tiltback, correct?

this has bothered me for a while even when i am riding my kingsong. Top speed is 30 and they say the motor is capable of doing 40kph so there is your safety margin. But 40 under ehat rider weight? Nobody knows...probably less than 100kg. So what is my "real" safety margin? Unknown...

• 2 months later...

ah, just remembered I've always been hoping to post a message in this thread, and then things got delayed... well mine's there too (for a while already)

btw. I wonder if anyone notices the first mod I made on this one, and that I'm very happy with .')

w1.jpg

w2.jpg

7 hours ago, Tomek said:

ah, just remembered I've always been hoping to post a message in this thread, and then things got delayed... well mine's there too (for a while already)

btw. I wonder if anyone notices the first mod I made on this one, and that I'm very happy with .')

Nice! did you painted the LED area?

Archived