Hit the asphalt in a roundabout, 16S

e_kjellgren

18XL is old and for me the best wheel. Latest versions are almost free of issues so if you are looking for an everyday commutation wheel, it's a perfect choice. I do about 20-30km per day on mine for now almost 3 years and I'm very very happy with it.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 5/27/2021 at 7:37 PM, Rywokast said:

yea the 18XL is older.... same age as the MSX, and look at both of their track records compared to new wheels lol.... what has changed in that time? its is an extremely comfortable, reliable and safe wheel and looks fantastic, i loooove my 18XL. however for the footplates, on all my KS wheels i simply got some adhesive rubber bumper strip material like the kind you would put on the edge of car doors or whatever and stuck that on the spot where the foot pedal meets the axle when unfolded.... it gives you a higher angle and effectively higher foot plates for pennies so thats an option... that being said, there has never been a wheel that i have recommended more than the 18XL, and that stands still today.. it is a superb wheel and nothing yet has ever had me consider giving it up

6165zbQhL9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This is excellent! Such a simple fix, tho I'm fond of my comfy pedal angle. Ill remember that for future wheels if need be.

@e_kjellgren As for outdated? What do you want a wheel to do? for me: Firstly, I'd like it to work. Secondly, I'd like to put down miles in comfort to gain confidence in the wheel. Third it needs to go as far and as fast as my typical ride. Ergonomic, reliable, comfy, music, lights, bt firmware. My camry is from 1992 and its my daily driver. Its basic and its lasted 400k miles w/o serious repair. THAT kind of reliability is NOT obsolete.  I would venture to say that the 18L is an even better choice if the power and range needs are agreeable and it doesnt have old batteries. The 18L has a dedicated battery box. However, the 18XL has proven reliable also. The reason they arent getting cheaper is because they dont need to. So do you want to keep up with the Jones', or do you want a wheel that simply works? I just 'upgraded' to an 18XL from an 18L for the headroom. I could have purchased another type, but for everyday tasks in comfort, why would I bother?(okay, I DID try another new release 18" wheel and quickly realized I wasnt gaining, rather stepping backwards. Reliability comes first for me...PERIOD)

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

V11 has incredibly high pedals which are amazing for offroading and tight turning. The suspension system also makes for a blissful smooth and safe ride. 

The new v12 has adjustable pedals which allow you to get high or low to your own needs. The exn and ex both also have high pedals. 

The 18xl doesnt feel very high off the ground to me. Nor does the s18 or the 18s. Just my feelings from being on those wheels. 

On 04.04.2021 at 09:19, e_kjellgren said:

Dün 16S'imle bir döner kavşakta çok dar bir dönüş yaptım.

Pedal yere çarptı ve 3-4 yıl sonra ilk kez düştüm.

Şimdi yerden yüksekliği daha yüksek bir tekerlek istediğimi düşünüyorum.

18XL olabilir mi?

!!! KS-16X (180 mm)  KS-18XL (160 mm)...KS- 16X higher!!!