Learning To Ride My EUC Backwards Was Hilariously Hard

LandoCycle

Good work. I was worn out after 8 or 10 tries. I’m ten days in riding backwards now. Starting to get semi comfortable with it.  It’s scary, challenging, yet addictive at the same time. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, OldFartRides said:

Good work. I was worn out after 8 or 10 tries. I’m ten days in riding backwards now. Starting to get semi comfortable with it.  It’s scary, challenging, yet addictive at the same time. 

yah it's exhausting!

Yes, riding backward or doing anything on the wheel requires muscles or balancing skills we have never used. How surprised we are to discover some parts of ourselves always been there but left untapped for years. Now that you are able to ride backward, you might want to try one leg backward...even more challenging! Then after mastering one leg backward...try one leg spinning backward...

• Like 1

Yeah, a week ago I rode BW into a picnic table that I had just passed by and hit the concrete. Still a bit tender there. 
I’m  still using a 1” webbing belt for a leash. Saves a lot of wear and tear on the wheel.

Best,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tawpie said:

I made the attempt, fell over hard on my ass and hip, said “never again”. Now I have to try again.

:laughbounce2:  That's usually the way it is for an EUC addict!

• Like 2