Anybody with Freeman A4 experience?

alajuad

1 hour ago, Niko said:

Where do you have this information from? The GW page currently only lists these two MCM models: 

http://www.kebye.com/list/?42_1.html

From here...Facebook....other Forums....They were sold in my HomeCountry, too

The GW page is not so accurate at all ;-)

This MCM3' s where only on sell for about 2 or 3 months with max 340wh.....in France they where called by one shop "MCM4urban"

They are still sold there....elsewhere (i think) they are sold out...

https://store.urban360.com/produit/urban-mcm4/

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, steve454 said:

So the Gotway MCM4 has the largest pedals of your choices.  Do you think pedal size is more important than other features?

Yeah @steve454 I thought they did but I have been riding a 9bot around for a couple days and the pedals and hangers are a weak design and seem as though they could eventually give out on a high jump or drop. And the 9bot doesn't like sliding on the pedals as much as I thought they would and the MCM 4 has the same pedal design as well, where if I was to grind down the bottom the hangers couldn't hold the pedals anymore...hard to explain.

I am back to the same place I started half a year ago...the MCM3 800w. It is the only machine that can handle the extreme abuse with out weighing 30lbs...that wont poop out on a big jump because I force the angle too much on the landing or drop down a super steep embankment...that wont turn off if I am in the air for too long...that wont give a fuck how much I over lean or how much I corner!

The damn Freeman could handle that shit pretty well, it would have done the job with the extra power....if they didn't ruin the design!!!!

10 hours ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

where if I was to grind down the bottom the hangers couldn't hold the pedals anymore

So the Gotway MCM4 has the largest pedals of your choices.  Do you think pedal size is more important than other features?

Just remembered something, there is this really tough, thin plastic that is used on fifth wheels for travel trailers and the slides on flatbed wreckers that are low friction and eliminate the need for grease.  You could probably find some at a rv dealer or amazon, rivet or epoxy to the bottom of your pedals and they would never wear down, also you would slide way farther, might be too slick though.  If it is too slick, probably you could roughen up the plastic to just the right degree and do some really long slides.  Reminds me of when Mom threw out some old LPs and me and my friends laid them in the street and locked up the rear brake as we rode over them and would slide about 50 feet.  Hey, maybe try that first and see how long vinyl lasts glued to the pedal. 

On 7/17/2016 at 4:51 AM, steve454 said:

Just remembered something, there is this really tough, thin plastic that is used on fifth wheels for travel trailers and the slides on flatbed wreckers that are low friction and eliminate the need for grease.  You could probably find some at a rv dealer or amazon, rivet or epoxy to the bottom of your pedals and they would never wear down, also you would slide way farther, might be too slick though.  If it is too slick, probably you could roughen up the plastic to just the right degree and do some really long slides.  Reminds me of when Mom threw out some old LPs and me and my friends laid them in the street and locked up the rear brake as we rode over them and would slide about 50 feet.  Hey, maybe try that first and see how long vinyl lasts glued to the pedal. 

Right on @steve454, thanx for suggestions. I am working on using the pads (pucks) they use for their gloves while downhill skateboarding. However the 9bot sure doesn't like to slide on the curb though! The light cover and the case get in the way :( and when I jump too high or force a transition my 9bot turns off and can't be turned back on with out being plugged in real quick. The 9bot is only good for flatland stuff to me. But anyway, I have a way to put the sliders on an MCM3 though using slanted riser pads from a skateboard. ;)

3 hours ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

The 9bot is only good for flatland stuff to me

Yeah, i see that now, you need a more exposed tire for curb slides.  That sounds like a good idea to use glove pucks.

Archived