Anybody with Freeman A4 experience?

alajuad

On 5/7/2016 at 2:43 AM, Bush said:

Hi, Reny,

Pls drop me an mail, Sales8@free-man.cn

We now developing on new product(16Inch, 264WH, Real 500W motor) with solowheel,

if your side have interesting, we will send out one free items for you.

In return, we will put your Video on our WEBSITE. That mean that the Video will be seem world wide.

But we need the delegatability of signing right.

Can you accept that?

Regards,

Bush

Wow, are you kidding me Bush? That is the most awesome thing I have heard in a while! Consider it accepted. :) I was only recently thinking about what Freeman could do next, and it was the 16" version of the A4H that came to mind. I'll bet it flies down the road. 

I will contact you today (your time) via email. I am super stoked to try it. Thanx again Bush! - Reny

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/11/2016 at 7:11 AM, andress said:

It seems that Bush left Freeman. Hopefully you will still be able to get the unicycle. BTW I have just posted review of the A4H.

I got the same email he left as well. Hope he got another job and still visits here.

• 5 weeks later...
On April 28, 2016 at 1:38 AM, Sidestreet Reny said:

Yo I am a Freeman A4 rider, or I was before I killed it...my fault riding too extreme. Lol. Just know that my only references are the Airwheel X8, the X3, the Gotway MCM2, A generic 16inch 9Bot knock-off and of course the A4, so I have seen a bit from the two ends of the spectrum but not all that much. Grain of salt y'all!

The A4's are damn good machines, even the lowest model is pretty cool. They have Freeman's own original dual chip brains and it's own individual form factor. I have made it do all kinds of stuff that it maybe shouldn't do. Hehehe. It is strong, shell won't crack no matter how hard you slam it, but it will split the two halves if ya bounce it off the wall too much. Mine was strong for a 132Wh and the 350W motor, awesome reaction as far as stop start excel time goes, tight maneuverability and it is quiet a and smooth ride. The A4 132Wh is light at about 9.5kg, I believe your A4H-348 will be around 12kg. It actually did about 20K with pedal lift at about 16k pedals don't lift too high either like an Airwheel just enough to warn you.

Drawbacks: it beeps loud and incessantly, it has very square edges especially around the padding edge.The pedal arms are perfect for what I do with them but pedals could be bigger I guess. The speedo is illegible while riding. Charging slot cover doesn't stay on. Some of this is relative to the way I used it.

Waiting patiently to for a A4H-264 tester. it should be here soon. Lets see what we think.

Here is some footage of me and the A4 in action.

Peace - Reny

Awesome rider and video! How long have you been riding? Any significant injuries during the training phase for your stunts?

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Awesome rider and video! How long have you been riding? Any significant injuries during the training phase for your stunts?

Thanx for the luv @Rehab1

I have been riding since January, but I'm also a skate/surf/snow etc. So basically I just have a need to make it do things I have never seen it do before...and that hurts sometimes. I haven't done many tricks since early May when I broke my EU. :( I been sing an X3 that I am not allowed to hurt. Lol. My new wheel is coming this week and that means new tricks and new videos!

The first day I learned on my carpet in my living room (bad idea).....Bruises all over my calf's then another significant injury was on the inside of my ankles. Serious loss of skin from hopping up and down things for the first week or two.

Worst pain was when it landed on my heel falling off a wall, I was out for a few days barely walking...not that I have even walked AT ALL since I set foot on one of these things I don't even walk to the car! I was still riding everywhere after the injury though, it was actually easier to ride than to walk.

Then I realized I needed hi-top shoes and shin guards...then I realized my EU was very square in shape....more pain!.

Ooooh wait a minute I hurt myself bad coming back from the mail box early in the morning on one foot and half asleep, I caught the pedal on the wall and landed on my arm...right at my door. :(  Good times!

Thanx again for watching man I appreciate it.

- Sidestreet Reny

P.S. you can find more on my Youtube channel www.youtube.com/sidestreetreny

On 6/12/2016 at 1:03 PM, Sidestreet Reny said:

Thanx for the luv @Rehab1

I have been riding since January, but I'm also a skate/surf/snow etc. So basically I just have a need to make it do things I have never seen it do before...and that hurts sometimes. I haven't done many tricks since early May when I broke my EU. :( I been sing an X3 that I am not allowed to hurt. Lol. My new wheel is coming this week and that means new tricks and new videos!

The first day I learned on my carpet in my living room (bad idea).....Bruises all over my calf's then another significant injury was on the inside of my ankles. Serious loss of skin from hopping up and down things for the first week or two.

Worst pain was when it landed on my heel falling off a wall, I was out for a few days barely walking...not that I have even walked AT ALL since I set foot on one of these things I don't even walk to the car! I was still riding everywhere after the injury though, it was actually easier to ride than to walk.

Then I realized I needed hi-top shoes and shin guards...then I realized my EU was very square in shape....more pain!.

Ooooh wait a minute I hurt myself bad coming back from the mail box early in the morning on one foot and half asleep, I caught the pedal on the wall and landed on my arm...right at my door. :(  Good times!

Thanx again for watching man I appreciate it.

- Sidestreet Reny

P.S. you can find more on my Youtube channel www.youtube.com/sidestreetreny

@Sidestreet Reny just rewatched your video and can see why you prefer a light wheel.  I mean, riding on the wall and making 90 degree turns on a dime!  And those long jumps, I hope your new wheel lets you make some more amazing videos, also the music is great.

On 2016/5/12 at 5:11 AM, andress said:

It seems that Bush left Freeman. Hopefully you will still be able to get the unicycle. BTW I have just posted review of the A4H.

Hi, Ondra, how is your EU work?  I'm sorry that i left Freeman, regarding to the high speed options you can refer to Odile.

Also @Sidestreet Reny, before I left Freeman, the boss confirmed the message, might be I will working for Inomotion,or...

Never mind, you can follow the massage to Sale@free-man.cn. Anyway, it's nice that get your guys massege.:D  

17 minutes ago, Bush said:

Hi, Ondra, how is your EU work?  I'm sorry that i left Freeman, regarding to the high speed options you can refer to Odile.

Also @Sidestreet Reny, before I left Freeman, the boss confirmed the message, might be I will working for Inomotion,or...

Never mind, you can follow the massage to Sale@free-man.cn. Anyway, it's nice that get your guys massege.:D  

@BushWow Bush when you left :( I was so surprised. Hope you are happy at Inmotion! ;)  

Goodbye Freeman...I'm over it!. I NEED an EU bad, I haven't ridden hard or done any tricks since my Freeman died almost 2 months ago. ;) So if anyone can HELP me get my hands on something dope and affordable, please let me know.

btw Does anyone want to buy an unused A4H264 never touched the pavement?

@Sidestreet Reny you could always do what I'm tempted to do if my replacement main board doesn't resolve my issues....

Just buy a microworks main board & install in the Freeman.  For $70, you have have a tried & tested main board, with Bluetooth, so you can alter the modes.

Microworks main board

9 hours ago, Oily said:

@Sidestreet Reny you could always do what I'm tempted to do if my replacement main board doesn't resolve my issues....

Just buy a microworks main board & install in the Freeman.  For $70, you have have a tried & tested main board, with Bluetooth, so you can alter the modes.

Microworks main board

Thanx for the info @Oily Are you sure it would work with the Freeman 500w motor? Are they safe boards?

Not 100% sure no (although there are others on here who will confirm), but all motors that I've seen have 8 wires - 3 for power, 5 smaller ones for the hall sensors.

Worst case you may need to play musical wires to get the right ones, but they should be colour coded & be plug & play.

Take a pic of the current board & motor wires (the big black cable with 8 wires in it) & email microworks - nothing to lose ! :)

On 2016/6/22 at 11:40 PM, Sidestreet Reny said:

Thanx for the info @Oily Are you sure it would work with the Freeman 500w motor? Are they safe boards?

I not sure about it. but most brand EU, might have their special control board, at less,i know that the other board on market might can not fit the LED light trip...

So, it's might be an good choose that bought from them.

And Reny, Drop me an mail at cwbush@live.cn. I now working in inmotion, about running the brand~anyway.

Might need your Vedio...So, if you have interesting in this way. Contact me.

Besides, Inmotion will hold the match for EU. I will update the related message on web, later.

Have an nice day.

Regards,

Bush

50 minutes ago, Bush said:

I not sure about it. but most brand EU, might have their special control board, at less,i know that the other board on market might can not fit the LED light trip...

So, it's might be an good choose that bought from them.

And Reny, Drop me an mail at cwbush@live.cn. I now working in inmotion, about running the brand~anyway.

Might need your Vedio...So, if you have interesting in this way. Contact me.

Besides, Inmotion will hold the match for EU. I will update the related message on web, later.

Have an nice day.

Regards,

Bush

For sure Bush. I will get at you via the email address asap. Good looking out again man! Peace

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, steve454 said:

Yeah, me too, what is the new wheel going to be?  A v5F+?

I have nothing to ride right now and haven't for over a month at least! :( I am a professional musician...which means I am poor and cant afford most EU's especially an Inmotion. All I know is as long the EU doesn't give out on me in the air or on the ground I'm stoked.....and if it had the fat pedals and the L shaped hangers like the MCM4 or the 9bot It would be sick too, but both of them are like bricks! 

BTW Bush decided against the job at Inmotion after all.

These are the the specs from my choices by weight size and pedals.

168mm = IPS Zero - 800w - 9.3kg - ok size pedals
King Song = L15.9 - W6.4 - H17.0 - 500w - 12Kg - wierd shaped pedals

•    Gotway MCM2 = W6.2 - H17.5 - L15.0 - 800w 10.2kg - lame small pedals
    •    Freeman A4H  = W7.0 - H17.3 - L15.1 - 500w 11.0kg - ok flat pedals
    •    Gotway MCM4 = W7.5 - H19.2 - L16.1 - 800w 12.5kg - sick big old fat pedals
    •    Ninebot One    = W6.8 - H18.7 - L17.8 - 500w 14.2kg - big fat pedals

3 hours ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

I am a professional musician.

I went to your Youtube channel looking for riding videos yesterday and saw a lot of music videos, watched one, you and Lil Bell are good musicians and singer/songwriters.  Much respect for talent and creativity.  Yeah, the Ninebot is way heavy, maybe a 14 inch is best for jumps.

On 7/10/2016 at 9:25 PM, Sidestreet Reny said:

These are the the specs from my choices by weight size and pedals.

168mm = IPS Zero - 800w - 9.3kg - ok size pedals
King Song = L15.9 - W6.4 - H17.0 - 500w - 12Kg - wierd shaped pedals

•    Gotway MCM2 = W6.2 - H17.5 - L15.0 - 800w 10.2kg - lame small pedals
    •    Freeman A4H  = W7.0 - H17.3 - L15.1 - 500w 11.0kg - ok flat pedals
    •    Gotway MCM4 = W7.5 - H19.2 - L16.1 - 800w 12.5kg - sick big old fat pedals
    •    Ninebot One    = W6.8 - H18.7 - L17.8 - 500w 14.2kg - big fat pedals

there is a new MCM2 with 800W motor? 

29 minutes ago, Niko said:

there is a new MCM2 with 800W motor? 

Mcm2s has 500 (or550?) Watt....

There is so called  MCM3 (in the case of MCM2s) that has 800Watt

Archived