V11 Clark pad gen 2 or Hulaj Flexpads?

Coolesnce

Thinking of picking up either Clark pads gen 2, or the Flexpads from Hulaj to replace my flypads as I need more breaking power on downhill off road trails. Adavantage I can see from the Flexpads is more adjustibility left and right. I haven't seen any reviews for the Flexpads and would love to hear any feedback from people that have them on their V11. 

6 hours ago, Kamikaze_K said:

Been using the Gen 2 CPs on my V11. Love them. Game changers in terms of power and braking control on the V11.  Don’t know about the other ones... but can thoroughly recommend the ol’Clarkies!  

I haven’t seen this anywhere but can the foot pedals close with the generation 2 clark pads?

9 hours ago, EUC_user said:

I haven’t seen this anywhere but can the foot pedals close with the generation 2 clark pads?

Nope. Even if you put the on the very end of the screw mount slots the pedals don’t close. But since the V11 pedals are friction closed they stay closed (on an angle) against the CPs so it’s not too bad. 

Its the only criticism I have with the CPs

Edited by Kamikaze_K

@Kamikaze_K Does the fact that you have only 1 position that you can set it to horizontally make you feel that you could adjust the pads forward or back a bit?

@EUC_userthey have the newer CP and Hulaj Pedals with a carve out so you can fold the pedals up, but the ones in the Hulaj website have been out of stock for sometime. 

12 minutes ago, Coolesnce said:

Does the fact that you have only 1 position that you can set it to horizontally make you feel that you could adjust the pads forward or back a bit?

I have Clark Pads too (2nd version). I’ll second that they work great for this wheel. Never needed power pads before, but having the toe holds and the power pads are both a major advantage to controlling this week specifically.

I never felt the need to adjust side to side like the flexpads have the ability to. Even with the Clarkpads you can adjust the tilt if you want because the slots are larger than the shaft of the bolts used. Never felt the need to even do that either. 

• Like 1

On 3/21/2021 at 9:36 PM, Coolesnce said:

@Kamikaze_K Does the fact that you have only 1 position that you can set it to horizontally make you feel that you could adjust the pads forward or back a bit?

@EUC_userthey have the newer CP and Hulaj Pedals with a carve out so you can fold the pedals up, but the ones in the Hulaj website have been out of stock for sometime. 

All I see is the following on their website (Clark pads):

4328061A-6DC6-4A33-9B4F-7D4160984DE5.thumb.png.de6680db15ef78e9443c171ea594976f.png

Hulaj pads:

CEE6810D-8002-49FC-B8EC-E4F4ACE733D5.thumb.jpeg.c46cbcbf25df9f76c905aa7c23f9044b.jpeg
EF9119A7-AADC-4114-96C0-AA81C78A6D6B.thumb.jpeg.eabfddc53f49bab2851ff59954c2e2f0.jpeg

I don’t see it installed. I also don’t see the Hulaj power pads installed either. Has anyone compared the two? Thickness, comfort, etc.

Both are $149 and one comes from Poland. Are they flexible with returns?

Edited by EUC_user

When I asked clarkpads they said they’ll take returns if you leave the adhesive paper on and it’s undamaged/untampered with. Gotta be new and unused condition essentially. Then you’ll have to cover shipping and pay a modest 10% restocking fee. For a hobbyist type niche thing like this that’s actually better than I would have guessed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Denny Paul said:

When I asked clarkpads they said they’ll take returns if you leave the adhesive paper on and it’s undamaged/untampered with. Gotta be new and unused condition essentially. Then you’ll have to cover shipping and pay a modest 10% restocking fee. For a hobbyist type niche thing like this that’s actually better than I would have guessed. 

Thanks for the info.

Wouldn’t it be better for them to show it installed on a V11 instead? Demonstrating pedal closure, etc.

I try to avoid buying things sight unseen.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Denny Paul said:

You’re absolutely right. Here’s a folder with a few quick photos for you. Pads are in the highest position. Size 10 shoes for reference. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1o054GlosUugxhuRI0DFu8-YatXzSdUv5

And that’s version 2 that’s supposed to have the “Gen 2 feature for improved pedal closability.”

I guess the key word is “improved.” That’s a little disappointing. Thanks for the pictures.

59 minutes ago, EUC_user said:

And that’s version 2 that’s supposed to have the “Gen 2 feature for improved pedal closability.”

I guess the key word is “improved.” That’s a little disappointing. Thanks for the pictures.

Yeah, the pedals become the widest thing on the wheel. But only by like a half an inch; it’s really negligible. But the compulsive person in me wants them to freaking fold. To be fair, I’d the nub was any higher youd have too much room and lose the ability to jump your wheel effectively. You can see with the highest position of the clarkpads with my feet on, the nub hits my shin as much as it’s contacting the bottom of my foot. Any higher and it would lose its purpose as a jumping assist.

On the bright side, Clark Pedals I’m told will be available to purchase for the v11 in about 6 weeks. They’ll have a cut out spaced to perfectly let you fold em. Now, I wouldn’t buy separate pedals just so they fold, but since I was looking to get studded pedals anyway I may as well wait and get the set.

Edited by Denny Paul

3 hours ago, Coolesnce said:

I just placed an order for the Hulaj ones. Once I get the in a few weeks I can give my thoughts and impressions.

Thank you.

I do like the little compartment and the lateral adjustments.

But they mention a softness of “40D” (The upper part of the pads is made of rubber with a hardness of 40D in the Shore scale, thanks to which they provide great comfort during use.“) which, from what I’ve seen, isn’t too soft.

It’s like bowling ball hard according to this: https://www.mechanicalrubber.com/elastomericsolutions/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Durometer-Conversion-Table.pdf

I see they sell “improved” kick stand guides (https://hulaj.market/en/inmotion-v11/162-improved-kickstand-holders-for-inmotion-v11.html). This would allow someone to run a knobby tire without worrying about the kickstand. I’d imagine they could create and sell “improved”/updated suspension rail guides as well.

Edited by EUC_user
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I’m in the market for pads but need some help: I lay my V11 on it’s side often in the trunk of my car and am concerned about doing so with pads on and the pedals only semi closed.  I believe this would put the majority of the weight of the wheel on the angled pedals pressing on the power pads - should I be concerned about any damage associated with this?

I don’t have a V11 or either pad system. That said IMHO from a design standpoint the Clark Pads appear to be designed better. 3D printing has a grain kinda like wood. The Clark Pad design adds more radius in areas to compensate for this slight weakness. I say slight weakness because it has been more than compensated for in the Clark design. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 3rdlieutenant said:

I’m in the market for pads but need some help: I lay my V11 on it’s side often in the trunk of my car and am concerned about doing so with pads on and the pedals only semi closed.  I believe this would put the majority of the weight of the wheel on the angled pedals pressing on the power pads - should I be concerned about any damage associated with this?

damage? probably not. As long as your not literally chucking it around i think you'll be fine. The materials involved are all pretty strong. And you're likely to damage the suspension rails that stick out below than the pads or the pedal i think, so treat it somewhat gingerly in any event.

I've tried Clark pads, the inmotion side pads, and the inmotion hex pedals. The clarkpads and the inmotion hex pedals combo will allow you to close them, but only with the clarkpads are in the highest position. This makes the jumping nub a bit too high to take advantage of unless your shoes are crazy tall. Makes the much cheaper option of just getting the inmotion brand products a lot more appealing.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/25/2021 at 9:15 PM, Coolesnce said:

Still waiting for my flexpads that I ordered end of March. Starting to wish I ordered the Clarkpads. 

That’s unfortunate. Especially now that there’s a much nicer looking [and more comfortable it seems] GEN 3 foam Clark Pads out there.

https://clarkpads.com/collections/pads/products/copy-of-gen-2-v11

On 4/26/2021 at 11:15 AM, Coolesnce said:

Still waiting for my flexpads that I ordered end of March. Starting to wish I ordered the Clarkpads. 

Yep.  Hulaj Market has been quite abysmal at any kind of order update... Not as long as you but I've been waiting for updates on a pedal and mudguard order from the 6th this month.  

I've emailed but no word.  

• Like 1

On 5/25/2021 at 4:52 PM, Kamikaze_K said:

Yep.  Hulaj Market has been quite abysmal at any kind of order update... Not as long as you but I've been waiting for updates on a pedal and mudguard order from the 6th this month.  

I've emailed but no word.  

Just an update, still haven't received my flexpads from March and haven't heard from Hulaj Market. The clarkpads gen 3 looks nice. May just give up on the Flexpads and order the cp gen 3 for v11. 

• Like 1