Two KingSong KS 16X and two Roll.nz Bodyguards

Yep... got my two babies well protected and, cozy and with the snugly fit of the excellent Roll.nz bodyguards. 

And the best: Chrissi from Roll.nz was a sweetheart and made me a custom color for my second bodyguard. The colors of my soccer club, Sporting Clube de Portugal, where the makings of Cristiano Ronaldo a Luis Figo were born.

Btw, the shipping from New Zealand to Portugal is stunningly fast. Faster than other shipping of protective gear I've been buying from neighboring countries here in Europe. 

Edited by Paulo Mesquita
  • Like 2

Looks great! Now, get the better half on one of those wheels. On the shipping, my roll.nz got here from NZ almost a week before FedEx got my wheel up from CA. Kiwis are the best.

oh. If it were me I’d switch between wheels to make sure they both get used some on a regular basis. Don’t let one of them sit ignored for too long, especially with a full battery (threads upon threads on that topic).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tawpie said:

. If it were me I’d switch between wheels to make sure they both get used some on a regular basis. Don’t let one of them sit ignored for too long, especially with a full battery (threads upon threads on that topic).

That's exactly my idea. A bit like having two wives...

• Like 2

Wow, two of the exact same? Maybe try riding both at same time, one on each foot? I had two of the same and coulfdnt get my wife to even consider riding it. Now I have 3 different and waiting on a decent suspension wheel this year, or maybe a usa made variety.

• Like 1

If you only had one, it would break down soon. Now that you have two, neither will ever falter. Isnt that how it goes? Being in a land of hard to find eucs, i dont blame ya. The 16x seems a VERY solid choice. I havent ridden one, but im a fan of how my KS wheel handles, and I've heard many riders having gone thru many wheels and still love the 16x.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

If you only had one, it would break down soon. Now that you have two, neither will ever falter. Isnt that how it goes? Being in a land of hard to find eucs, i dont blame ya. 

Yes @ShanesPlanet, that is exactly my reason for buying a 2nd KS 16X.

I'm very ballot with mine. I do however, have to check the route pressure on both, since I feel a slight difference in sensitivity between them. The new one is more sensitive, which makes me suspect it's tire pressure is higher.... 

13 hours ago, Paulo Mesquita said:

I was worried about stoppage time while having to repair.

I've heard from two resellers now that the 16x is the least problematic wheel in the industry at the moment.

1 hour ago, Paulo Mesquita said:

I feel a slight difference in sensitivity between them. The new one is more sensitive

On 2/23/2021 at 4:26 PM, Paulo Mesquita said:

A bit like having two wives...

🤣🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paulo Mesquita said:

Yes @ShanesPlanet, that is exactly my reason for buying a 2nd KS 16X.

I'm very ballot with mine. I do however, have to check the route pressure on both, since I feel a slight difference in sensitivity between them. The new one is more sensitive, which makes me suspect it's tire pressure is higher.... 

I had two of the exact same wheels and I also noted that they felt a tiny bit different from each other. I'd suspect it has something to do with the glorious methods of such tight quality control we see in all these euc brands. Im confident in my abillity to repair damn near every part on an euc. However, I can't just make new batteries, and it seems batteries are somewhat of a time sensitive commodity. In the end, I didnt keep my duplicate, as I feared the battery would age before it became usefull. I probably worry too much. Perhaps leaving the spare at 80% levels and keeping it in a climate controlled environment, and the batt will outlast both of us?

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 4:09 PM, Paulo Mesquita said:

the snugly fit of the excellent Roll.nz bodyguards.

Have they mentioned when they will be getting the 'grip pads' back in stock on their covers?  Their website says,

Our "grip pads" (as shown in a recent YouTube review by Marty Bake) are no longer available. We are trying to source a new supplier so that we can offer these once again.

image.png.9436cf5b6ebd146f8ebfd9f9bca7f928.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hangman said:

I've heard from two resellers now that the 16x is the least problematic wheel in the industry at the moment.

🤣🤣

I had that same impression when I was liking for my 1st wheel. I'm quite happy with my choice. Pity their software is so weak.... 

16 minutes ago, Paulo Mesquita said:

I had that same impression when I was liking for my 1st wheel. I'm quite happy with my choice. Pity their software is so weak.... 

No need for their crap software anyhow. Much better choices available. If the 16X algos are anything like the 18l's, thats what really matters. Hell, now that my tiltback and alarms are set and I have zero intention of changing them or updating the wheel EVER, software is just an addon. Half the time its too much hasstle and too glitchy to bother with anything but the wheel. Power button and ride, done and done! I do find it ironic that we rely on the firmware to keep us alive, yet they cant make a decent app too? With their geolocking bs, they shot themeselves in the foot and I'd stay away from KS apps whenever possible... which is always atm. :)

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1