When you tell people how much Electric Unicycles Cost 🤣🤣🤣

eucVibes

Good video.  I get asked if these wheels cost a few 100.  When I tell them the actual price, they look at me like I'm crazy.   I think most electric skateboards and scooters run for similar prices and don't get the reaction these eucs get.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bumblebees said:

Good video.  I get asked if these wheels cost a few 100.  When I tell them the actual price, they look at me like I'm crazy.   I think most electric skateboards and scooters run for similar prices and don't get the reaction these eucs get.

Thank you!  Same here, sometimes I make  numbers up to keep life interesting lol

You can understand the reaction though. It's one wheel with one electric motor, one circuit board and a bunch of batteries. The speed is fairly minimal (even if it feels terrifying) and the range isn't much better. Plus you can't take passengers or carry luggage. I'd imagine the reaction would be even funnier if they knew the wheel would likely stop working in the rain or that some even explode into flames without warning.  Hell, some can't even ride through puddles without breaking down. 

PS I also forgot to mention the police here in the UK can confiscate your wheel, fine you £200 and put 6 points on your license for just riding it :angry:

Edited by mike_bike_kite

On 2/5/2021 at 10:35 AM, mike_bike_kite said:

You can understand the reaction though. It's one wheel with one electric motor, one circuit board and a bunch of batteries. The speed is fairly minimal (even if it feels terrifying) and the range isn't much better. Plus you can't take passengers or carry luggage. I'd imagine the reaction would be even funnier if they knew the wheel would likely stop working in the rain or that some even explode into flames without warning.  Hell, some can't even ride through puddles without breaking down. 

PS I also forgot to mention the police here in the UK can confiscate your wheel, fine you £200 and put 6 points on your license for just riding it :angry:

I agree!  I feel they are currently over priced but some people I communicate with on fb groups think they will go up to 5k plus and they are underpriced.  I bet it cost China like 100 dollars to build 1 euc= if that

• Like 1

Looking at the quality of some brands there's no way I'm spending $2,000 (or more) on a unit I know I'll have to take apart and re-assemble because there are 6 screws loose, two missing, seven cold solder joints, a wire pinched, and without me adding reinforcement the $90 housing will crack nearly instantly. Then I can safely start feeding it parts... LOL 

Edited by WI_Hedgehog

Just to give a fair comparison. An NIU NQiGTS electric scooter has the following specs:

• 45mph
  • range 60 miles
  • 4kwh removable batteries that recharge in under 4 hours
  • Neat alarm that alerts you by phone
  • Well made and there's no problem riding in the rain

It's obviously not as cool as an EUC and the name is unpronounceable but it costs just over £3K, it will carry a passenger and is fully legal. Yep, I'd say EUC's are very overpriced!