King Song 16S for a new rider ?

Hello,

I am looking to buy a used King Song EUC today, I have a person selling one for 300 euro without a charger. It's the King Song 16s 840Wh with 1040km's milleage. 

Is it worth buying that one to get started ? I will also have to buy a charger which I found it to be at 100 euro so it will be 400 euro total.

Is there anything I need to look into before buying it, any obvious signs of failure? The seller told me the charger they had stopped working so they are selling it. It is charged to 50%.

Thank you for your time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrutalHero said:

Hello,

I am looking to buy a used King Song EUC today, I have a person selling one for 300 euro without a charger. It's the King Song 16s 840Wh with 1040km's milleage. 

Is it worth buying that one to get started ? I will also have to buy a charger which I found it to be at 100 euro so it will be 400 euro total.

Is there anything I need to look into before buying it, any obvious signs of failure? The seller told me the charger they had stopped working so they are selling it. It is charged to 50%.

Thank you for your time.

I wouldnt bother at all. Doesnt it sound a little fishy when a person claims they just didnt want to buy a  charger? I mean shit, these wheels arent cheap and yet people wont even invest ina  charger? Any proper seller would realize they need invest in a charger BEFORE selling. Any proper seller would also verify the battery can charge to 100%. Any proper seller would price a legit wheel at near its value, since losing money ISNT the selling agenda. Even fresh from factory wheels are a gamble. THIS however, sounds like really bad odds for you. Anytime I see a wheel being sold used from someone who isnt a rider or doesnt seem to KNOW how important it is to verify battery, makes me nervous. Seriously, what euc rider around here ISNT very aware of their batteries and the cost of them. Battery maintenance is one of our main concerns around here.  Would a good businessman buy something in such a niche market for resale, when he probably has little idea wtf it is? Do yourself a favor and save up untili you can buy a proper wheel to trust. Chances of failure go up astoronomically, when you buy something underpowered or doesnt work properly. Of course, if the seller can verify where THEY purchased it from, you can ignore most of what I've said.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, null said:

At that price and with lack of charger it is guaranteed stolen. For my moral integrity and respect for the victims of theft I would not touch it.

Thank you for reply! It sounds fishy indeed.

1 hour ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I wouldnt bother at all. Doesnt it sound a little fishy when a person claims they just didnt want to buy a  charger? I mean shit, these wheels arent cheap and yet people wont even invest ina  charger? Any proper seller would realize they need invest in a charger BEFORE selling. Any proper seller would also verify the battery can charge to 100%. Any proper seller would price a legit wheel at near its value, since losing money ISNT the selling agenda. Even fresh from factory wheels are a gamble. THIS however, sounds like really bad odds for you. Anytime I see a wheel being sold used from someone who isnt a rider or doesnt seem to KNOW how important it is to verify battery, makes me nervous. Seriously, what euc rider around here ISNT very aware of their batteries and the cost of them. Battery maintenance is one of our main concerns around here.  Would a good businessman buy something in such a niche market for resale, when he probably has little idea wtf it is? Do yourself a favor and save up untili you can buy a proper wheel to trust. Chances of failure go up astoronomically, when you buy something underpowered or doesnt work properly. Of course, if the seller can verify where THEY purchased it from, you can ignore most of what I've said.

Thank you for your swift reply I will look into it , if they have the invoice etc.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, stephen said:

Keep us updated👍

I bought the EUC , seller showed me proof that it was purchased 2 years ago and that the charger was burned and thats why they didnt include it.

It has driven only 1050 kms and it sitting at 45% battery. 

I will attach a few images below, please let me know if everything seems alright from the stats, I managed to learn how to drive it in under 20 minutes , I still need a ton of practice but I am getting there.

Few things I find weird, I cannot turn on Lift to stop running switch, everytime I turn it on and I go back to the menu it turns off, the front light sometimes turns off for a fraction of a second when I drive. 

Also I cannot set Gyroscope Angle when I try to change the angle (Before After, Left and Right) it says set failed.

The vehicle isnt password locked, the speakers and bluetooth works. Calibration works. All riding modes work,  Voice control works, Light setting works, Speed settings work.

If anyone knows why the Gyroscope angle and turn on lift to stop won't work please let me know as I cannot pickup the EUC without turning it off.

In conclusion, after riding on a bike, motorcycle, electric scooter and e-bike. This is the most enjoyable expierence I ever had. I feel like I glide, I am really happy for the upcoming months and my upgrade to a better wheel.

Also please let me know if you have any website that sells the charger in Europe, I am unpatienct for the one I found on Aliexpress it says 35-40 days.

KHJWzzN.jpgVJDp1KE.jpg8L0V2Wb.jpgj3LZUyR.jpghaqCdHb.jpg

@BrutalHero The earlier version of KS16S did not come with a lift stop function, so yours could be the earlier version.
Recently, I was looking for a replacement charger for my Gotway MCM but could not find availability in Europe. I ordered one from https://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/Lithium-Battery-Charger/5940099_1000000638781.html?spm=a2g0o.store_home.slider_6000559201084.0 . though it stated 35 to 40 days delivery time, mine arrived within 3 weeks. I am happy.

When ordering the charger, clearly state the charge port that you require. Good luck.

3 minutes ago, Pengloong said:

@BrutalHero The earlier version of KS16S did not come with a lift stop function, so yours could be the earlier version.
Recently, I was looking for a replacement charger for my Gotway MCM but could not find availability in Europe. I ordered one from https://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/Lithium-Battery-Charger/5940099_1000000638781.html?spm=a2g0o.store_home.slider_6000559201084.0 . though it stated 35 to 40 days delivery time, mine arrived within 3 weeks. I am happy.

When ordering the charger, clearly state the charge port that you require. Good luck.

Thank you for the answer and suggestion :)

21 hours ago, BrutalHero said:

I bought the EUC , seller showed me proof that it was purchased 2 years ago and that the charger was burned and thats why they didnt include it.

It has driven only 1050 kms and it sitting at 45% battery. 

I will attach a few images below, please let me know if everything seems alright from the stats, I managed to learn how to drive it in under 20 minutes , I still need a ton of practice but I am getting there.

Few things I find weird, I cannot turn on Lift to stop running switch, everytime I turn it on and I go back to the menu it turns off, the front light sometimes turns off for a fraction of a second when I drive. 

Also I cannot set Gyroscope Angle when I try to change the angle (Before After, Left and Right) it says set failed.

The vehicle isnt password locked, the speakers and bluetooth works. Calibration works. All riding modes work,  Voice control works, Light setting works, Speed settings work.

If anyone knows why the Gyroscope angle and turn on lift to stop won't work please let me know as I cannot pickup the EUC without turning it off.

In conclusion, after riding on a bike, motorcycle, electric scooter and e-bike. This is the most enjoyable expierence I ever had. I feel like I glide, I am really happy for the upcoming months and my upgrade to a better wheel.

Also please let me know if you have any website that sells the charger in Europe, I am unpatienct for the one I found on Aliexpress it says 35-40 days.

KHJWzzN.jpgVJDp1KE.jpg8L0V2Wb.jpg

Yes the angle and lift stop won't work on the older model

Have you tried ewheels.com for a charger 

3 hours ago, stephen said:

Yes the angle and lift stop won't work on the older model

Have you tried ewheels.com for a charger 

Sadly e-wheels only ships to USA, I cannot select the shipping method for Europe.

I have found one on eunicycles , it's a fast charger 300W 67.2V at 93 euro with shipping. 

I may go for that option, but I am afraid of the fast charger damaging the battery.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrutalHero said:

I may go for that option, but I am afraid of the fast charger damaging the battery.

Nothing to worry about - your battery has 4x3.5=14Ah

The charger delivers 300W/67.2V~4.5A. 4.5A/14Ah~0.3C.

And the connectors/wirings/etc should stand up to 5A.

On 29.1.2021 at 12:31 PM, BrutalHero said:

without a charger. It's the King Song 16s

Don't know if someone mentioned it - but without charger you wont know if the battery is still fine and will charge to ~67.2V!

If the battery is not okay abymore that'll be another ~300€ per battery pack (the ks16s has two..)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chriull said:

Don't know if someone mentioned it - but without charger you wont know if the battery is still fine and will charge to ~67.2V!

If the battery is not okay abymore that'll be another ~300€ per battery pack (the ks16s has two..)

Thank you for your useful information! :D

Lets cross fingers that the battery packs are good !

I will order a charger tomorrow and hopefully it arrives this week. I hope there is no issues with the batteries as 600 ontop of 300 thats almost a new EUC.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2021 at 3:53 PM, Chriull said:

I just received my charger today, the battery charges up to 67.2V and 100% , I guess there is no issues after all.

Do you guys have any suggestions for the pedals? I cant open them without pushing like HULK, they are so hard like I have to lean over and grab with both my hands to open them.

Thank you :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BrutalHero said:

I cant open them without pushing like HULK

Your pedal rods might be bent or just filled with debris. Try taking them out, check for bends, and wipe them down. I put Ti rods in mine because I feared bending the rods (wheel ghost rides into a curb, pedal clip etc.) and so far they've been great. My old rods aren't bent but my pedals were very stiff due to grit.

3 hours ago, Tawpie said:

Your pedal rods might be bent or just filled with debris. Try taking them out, check for bends, and wipe them down. I put Ti rods in mine because I feared bending the rods (wheel ghost rides into a curb, pedal clip etc.) and so far they've been great. My old rods aren't bent but my pedals were very stiff due to grit.

I am really new to this, how do I remove the pedals and what tools will I need? 

I have repaired electric scooters etc, but I dont want to mess up the pedals haha.

Thank You

I don’t know the specifics for the 16S but KS in general uses a single set screw (usually 5mm Allen key) at one end of the pedal rod. The pedal rotates around the pedal rod, look for holes at the front and back of the pedals. Remove the set screw and drive the rod out from the end opposite of the one that had the set screw. A wooden dowel 5mm or smaller and a hammer are the tools of choice. If it’s not bent it should pop out pretty easily, but it gets more difficult to get it out if the rod is bent.

33 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

I don’t know the specifics for the 16S but KS in general uses a single set screw (usually 5mm Allen key) at one end of the pedal rod. The pedal rotates around the pedal rod, look for holes at the front and back of the pedals. Remove the set screw and drive the rod out from the end opposite of the one that had the set screw. A wooden dowel 5mm or smaller and a hammer are the tools of choice. If it’s not bent it should pop out pretty easily, but it gets more difficult to get it out if the rod is bent.

Thank you , I will try that out :)