EUC World - not downloading map files

Hi all, I just bought an "old" used Android phone (Galaxy S5) to use exclusively with EUC world, as it seems to kill the battery in my regular phone within a few hours. I have everything set up in the new phone, but since I don't have a sim card in it (and don't plan on using one), I won't have data access other than wifi. I'm fine with that, as I plan to upload rides etc. once I return home. However, the Tour Recording screen is basically blank, as it's not downloading any map data. I've had the app running here at home for a while, and it's connected to wifi but hasn't downloaded any maps. Is there a way I can download a bunch of maps onto the phone for off-line use, which EUC world will then be able to access while I'm out riding but away from data access? Thanks!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mantraguy said:

However, the Tour Recording screen is basically blank, as it's not downloading any map data. I've had the app running here at home for a while, and it's connected to wifi but hasn't downloaded any maps. Is there a way I can download a bunch of maps onto the phone for off-line use, which EUC world will then be able to access while I'm out riding but away from data access? Thanks!

You may try following:

1. Connect your phone to WiFi and wait for GPS to lock, so you'll see map of your surroundings.
  2. Pan to locations you plan to ride and allow map to load. You can zoom it in and out, so map will cache tiles in different zoom levels.

This is simple solution, but should work. EUC World will store used tiles for offline use, but it needs first to load them from the network. By opening locations using map pan & zoom, you will cause EUC World to keep tiles for these locations for offline use. Hope this will help.

• Like 1

Thanks Seba, that's exactly what I had tried. I've since restored the phone to factory settings, reinstalled the few apps I want (mainly EUC world), disabled lots of others that I don't want, but it still won't show maps. I've left it running EUC world all night with wifi and GPS turned on, but it won't load maps for some reason. I've uninstalled and reinstalled EUC world without any luck. The tour recording works fine, it just doesn't display any maps. I'd like to get it working, but if it's not going to cooperate I can always download some offline maps with Google Maps, since that seems to work just fine. It would just be nice to see my track within the app while I'm out riding. Any other suggestions? I can submit a ticket with the new system if that's better. Thanks again!

6 minutes ago, Mantraguy said:

Thanks Seba, that's exactly what I had tried. I've since restored the phone to factory settings, reinstalled the few apps I want (mainly EUC world), disabled lots of others that I don't want, but it still won't show maps. I've left it running EUC world all night with wifi and GPS turned on, but it won't load maps for some reason. I've uninstalled and reinstalled EUC world without any luck. The tour recording works fine, it just doesn't display any maps. I'd like to get it working, but if it's not going to cooperate I can always download some offline maps with Google Maps, since that seems to work just fine. It would just be nice to see my track within the app while I'm out riding. Any other suggestions? I can submit a ticket with the new system if that's better. Thanks again!

I've just pushed 2.4.3 hotfix that should resolve problem with downloading map tiles for offline use. It may take few hours for this release to show up in Google Play. When you finally upgrade to 2.4.3, try again with solution I've described earlier. In next major EUC World release I will add option to easily define area to fetch tiles for offline use (similar to what is available in Google Maps).

• Like 1