What voltage drives the buzzer in your wheel?

Zombie Batman

I'm working on a buzzer mod and am looking for help. I need to figure out what voltages various wheels use to power their buzzers. 

I've tested my Gotway MSuper Pro using the MIN/MAX feature on my multimeter and found that during beeps there is a voltage of 4.6v supplied to the beeper.

I've also found that (at least on my wheel) it is not safe to pull more than 40mA on the buzzer line.  (This is the reason double buzzer mods fail to perform)

Has anyone tested their wheel's buzzer and have know what voltage it runs at? 

Edited by Zombie Batman

10 hours ago, Zombie Batman said:

This is the reason double buzzer mods fail to perform

Have also tested other buzzers on my MSP, but all were quieter. I think the voltage/power of the board is too low. I have also tried 2 buzzer in parallel, but they are then quieter than just one. Also still looking for a solution. Currently I have moved the buzzer to the outside of the case. I would prefer a buzzer in the helmet that is triggered by RF or a way to convert it to a Bluetooth signal and send it to the smartphone (without delay of course) :)

2 hours ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

I would prefer a buzzer in the helmet that is triggered by RF or a way to convert it to a Bluetooth signal and send it to the smartphone (without delay of course) :)

The EUC World will send most wheel alarms to your phone where you can set haptic feedback so you can feel it - assuming the phone is in a shirt pocket and not hidden in you backpack. It can also send alerts to a smart watch but most smart watches have quite weak vibration alarms.

I have all those EUC alarms enabled, but they are not related to the internal real Gotway 80% Motor power alarm. I need this real alarm because I'm riding mostly 50km in a row on the limit. 

You're absolutely right. EUCW doesn't help at all if all you are interested in is the brilliant 80% alarm. I have spent quite some time trying to find a solution, the best I came up with was running a 100v buzzer (they are available), powered via the batteries directly and triggered via a mosfet circuit from the OE buzzer wires. It all got a bit too complicated in the end, and I ended up putting it on the back burner after I moved my stock buzzer to the top of the wheel, which up until now I have managed to hear in all circumstances, so I will prob just end up leaving it as it is. I would still prefer a louder solution though, just to be 100% sure I will always hear it. If you come up with anything please do let us know :)

• Like 2

On 1/16/2021 at 3:30 AM, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

I would prefer a buzzer in the helmet that is triggered by RF or a way to convert it to a Bluetooth signal and send it to the smartphone (without delay of course) :)

That's what I've done. I've built a wireless alarm to be worn in a helmet. It works great on my wheel. The problem I now face is that different wheels may (or may not) vary in buzzer voltage and the polarity of the buzzer connector. Short of buying every wheel and testing it myself, I was hoping that others might know what voltage their wheel's buzzer runs at.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9AcjCJJVHLuFw2Cn9

19 hours ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

I have all those EUC alarms enabled, but they are not related to the internal real Gotway 80% Motor power alarm. I need this real alarm because I'm riding mostly 50km in a row on the limit. 

That is my motivation as well.  I want the actual alarm generated by my wheel.

9 minutes ago, Zombie Batman said:

That's what I've done. I've built a wireless alarm to be worn in a helmet.

You converted the Gotway 80% buzzer alarm to a wireless alarm. 

Please share which parts you used.