Begode RS beeping - 3 per interval

Hi folks, just thought I'd post this because it just started out-of-the-blue today. I've had my RS HT for 2 weeks and I've never heard it beep before until today. Yesterday I went on a 42 mi ride up to Mt. Baldy and didn't hear a single beep. This morning as soon as my speed touched 19 - 20 mph I began hearing beeps. My 1st class alarm is off. It seems like there are 3 beeps per interval which would indicate low voltage? My battery was nearly full when I started out and I began hearing the beeps right away. Here's a video where you can hear the beeps. Does anyone know if there is a problem? It seems strange that it just started today. my battery is at 80%/96V. Thoughts?

I just checked that the Gotway app shows "Second class alarm has been turn off".  I took the wheel out for another spin and its still beeping reqeatedly (3 per interval), this time at 21 mph. Thoughts?

That's the speed for the 2nd alarm and the Second alarm is 3 beeps. So the app must not be updating the wheel settings properly. Do you have the gotway app and another app like EUC world or Darkness bot? I've heard that having two apps at the same time can cause problems connecting to the wheel.

If that isn't it, I would try turning the 2nd alarm on and seeing if the wheel makes a beep to confirm the change and then turning it back off.

Edited by Silver
Typo

That's just the 2nd speed alarm (should be at 35kph).

An app can NOT read any settings from a Gotway wheel, it's strictly one-way (unless they lately changed it, never heard of that) So it doesn't know which alarm is off or on.

Just send the command to disable the 2nd alarm. You can do a lift test (lift wheel and watch speed in app) to see what beeps are on and appear at what speed.

• Like 3

That was it. I turned on and turned off the 2nd alarm a couple items and the alarms are off now -  thank you. Some mix up between Darknessbot and Gotway apps, maybe... I thought the 2nd speed alarm was at 45 kpm (according to begode's website). Anyways, it's quite now so that's a releaf.

• Like 1

Helpful, I've had a similar beep at around the same speed. At first I thought the wheel might be limited for the first few kms like my KS XL is. Eventually I tried turning off the speed alarm entirely (using EUC World) and that solved the problem, except that I'd prefer to have a speed alarm.

Question: is the 'second' alarm a preset by Gotway? I have some alarm slide options in EUC World but making changes to them didn't change or turn off this alarm.

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

Some mix up between Darknessbot and Gotway apps, maybe...

Maybe Darknessbot remembers the settings you set. Of course it wouldn't know if another app had changed something in the mean time, because apps can't read settings from Gotway wheels. So it would display something wrong.

3 hours ago, UniMe said:

Question: is the 'second' alarm a preset by Gotway?

Yes. You can't change at what speed it appears. Only switch it on or off.

3 hours ago, UniMe said:

I have some alarm slide options in EUC World but making changes to them didn't change or turn off this alarm.

That's only internal to the app (it can make your phone beep). Apps can't make wheel beep unless the wheel already supports that particular beep in some way.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

I'm new to the EUC world and loving it so far.  I've gone a 100km on my Begode RS but the first alarm still goes off at 30km/hr.  I don't mind it beeping so long as it stops and I can keep going faster.  Is that the case?  And is that the same for the secondary 45km/hr alarm, too?

• Like 1

On 12/6/2020 at 7:51 PM, Scotty said:

Hi folks, just thought I'd post this because it just started out-of-the-blue today. I've had my RS HT for 2 weeks and I've never heard it beep before until today. Yesterday I went on a 42 mi ride up to Mt. Baldy and didn't hear a single beep. This morning as soon as my speed touched 19 - 20 mph I began hearing beeps. My 1st class alarm is off. It seems like there are 3 beeps per interval which would indicate low voltage? My battery was nearly full when I started out and I began hearing the beeps right away. Here's a video where you can hear the beeps. Does anyone know if there is a problem? It seems strange that it just started today. my battery is at 80%/96V. Thoughts?

first alarm is 30kmh
2nd alarm is 45kmh, this is what you are hearing .

remember that to be able to change setting in app you should stop the wheel

7 hours ago, HillClimber said:

I don't mind it beeping so long as it stops and I can keep going faster.  Is that the case?

Not the case. The speed alarms will keep beeping at their fixed speeds. Just switch them off. (They may appear off in an app but still be on, just repeat until it works.)

On 6/24/2022 at 5:07 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

Not the case. The speed alarms will keep beeping at their fixed speeds. Just switch them off. (They may appear off in an app but still be on, just repeat until it works.)

Thanks!  I LOVE being able to go faster than the first alarm.  The ride is so smooth and stable cruising between 30 and 45km/hr.  I'm commuting to work every day and running simple errands on it now, too.  So much better than driving my truck around (gas money and environment-wise) and it's so much more fun!

• Like 2