Inmotion V11 new saddlepiece fix (its a laff?)

Finn Bjerke

• 2 weeks later...

The saddel is not designed for you to lift or catch the V11. For this you have a very sturdy handle. 

This is how I snapped one of my 1st batch saddle mouth points. My V11 tipped over due to me bumping it taking my gear off. 

It worked just fine still. The hole point is you lean on the saddle parts that have a structure frame to take the load and give a smooth surface to lean on. 

The solution you show is a temporary fix and it has worked for others. Inmotion have a new saddle piece coming with metal parts framed into the plastics. 

You have followed the telegram channel from Inmotion so you should know this. I see no point in these headlines you make. Yes not all isn't perfect but it isn't on any wheel. Each have its querks, like anything else in the world. 

3 hours ago, Finn Bjerke said:

someone wrote:

is that a better idea for the old saddle piece .. and the new one? 

For the old version the additional supports you received are surely better than Epoxy. For the new version, Epoxy is not needed.

Mr Wood of Finland:
As always clever and logical. The new saddle piece looks stronger - but will it survive my will rides in the deep Danish viking forrests? My new piece is just more plastic no added metal. 

Inmotion have a new saddle piece coming with metal parts framed into the plastics. 

Thats not what they send me.... V11 is still the best wheel I have ever ridden. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Finn Bjerke said:

The new saddle piece looks stronger - but will it survive my will rides in the deep Danish viking forrests? My new piece is just more plastic no added metal.

If you’re worried that the bushings would still crack, leave out the bolts. I haven’t had mine on in a long time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bumblebees said:

Will the V11 seat attachment put added pressure on the saddle attachments when sitting?

Not really. As it is mostly resting on the trolley/lift handle.  I assume you mean Inmotion seat of course. 

• Like 2