Wrist guard only vs wrist guard with full finger protection?

Rodo

Hi all,

I thinking I should get  wrist guard with full finger protection instead than just wrist guard that have no finger coverage. My thinking is if I were to hit the ground isn't it likely that my fingers would get scrapped/cut? I'm a noob. What u guys think?

Thanks

IMHO its always better to overkill than otherwise. You can get the full glove wrist guards or alternatively, wear the standard wrist guards over motorcycle gloves. Since the bike gloves are designed for crashes, it'll likely give more hand protection & durability as well. Only twist is perhaps one might need to get the wrist guard in a larger size but that's only a maybe. I use my normal wrist guards over knuckle armored bike gloves in winter or when I know I'm gonna be a speed demon for the day.

Get a large wrist guard that you can fit over any glove, voila now you can have summer or winter or no gloves up to you.

We all know that we can't keep our phone in our pockets... I put some stitches with stainless steel thread through the index finder tip of my riding gloves so that I can still use my phone. It's a must as Siri/Google Assistant are far from perfect and once the gloves/wrist guard combo is on, they aren't coming off in a hurry.

hODi3ib.jpg

"Gyro Gloves" (available from gyroriderz.com or roll.nz) were designed by an EUC rider. They have wrist guards, full finger protection (including armour) and phone touch pads on the thumb and index finger.

Full disclosure - I am a part of Roll.nz. These are a good product though, I wear a pair myself.