First EUC for heavy hotheaded rider?

I'm in the 100kg (220lbs) territory, and I'm looking to get into EUC world. There are few wheels thst cought my attention: Tesla v2, Nikola+, V11, RS HT, Monster Pro and Sherman. 

I think it's fair to say that I'm one of those people that make rash decisions or how I like to call myself "phase man". When something takes my attention I'll think only about that until it becomes boring, thus the "phases". Examples, 3D printing (upgraded anycubic i3 mega), paintball (old etek 2 upgraded to max + a lot of gear), FPV freestyle drones (2x 5" drones, 1x cinewhoop, sky03o, x9 lite, xfire), motorcycles (Yamaha MT09 SP,) and now PET world. 

Basically I'm looking for wheel that would not make me want another wheel for some time. I like to ride my motorcycle aggresively (3 cils, lots of low end torque), thus I can only assume I would behave same on the wheel. Range is not so important to me since I would commute ~15km daily in the city area. Rodes are not perfect, there are small potholes, small cracks etc. Also since it would be my first contact with EUCs, there will be a lot of falls I guess (I do have bad knee, displaced patula few times, went to surgery, 12 years without incident), so a wheel with good crash resistance is a must. But I think I would not over push my limits until I'm really confident with my skill. Since I'm at least 1500km from the dealer I would have to fix everything I break by myself (I'm an engineer). 

Also I do not really want to spend a lot of money on something that I can not try before and for which I do not know if I'm even going to like. On the other hand I would rather now spend more money on top wheel if I would know for sure that I'll be 100% into EUCs. I do not have option to try EUC since nobody remotely close to me owns one.

Taking all of this into consideration, what would you guys recommend me to go for? I'll most likely wait for Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals.

• Like 1

My 2c If I was you I'd go for the Nikola+. I'd also invest in an EUC bodyguard otherwise you'll damage your EUC while learning. I'd also get some serious protection for yourself as you sound like someone who's likely going to need it. I think you're on the edge of the weight range for the Tesla and it's not known for being robust for learning. The V11 is a nice wheel but it doesn't sound like the sort of wheel you're after - it's also got a lot of things to break. The Monster Pro and Sherman are really long distance wheels and weigh a tonne - that means they're not so easy to manoeuvre and will be difficult to get up a staircase etc - I think the Sherman is the better of the 2 though. Keep in mind that EUC's aren't something you just jump on and learn to ride immediately. Crashes at > 20mph will tend to hurt whereas crashes on motorbikes at similar speeds tend to be fairly gentle. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

My 2c If I was you I'd go for the Nikola+. I'd also invest in an EUC bodyguard otherwise you'll damage your EUC while learning. I'd also get some serious protection for yourself as you sound like someone who's likely going to need it. I think you're on the edge of the weight range for the Tesla and it's not known for being robust for learning. The V11 is a nice wheel but it doesn't sound like the sort of wheel you're after - it's also got a lot of things to break. The Monster Pro and Sherman are really long distance wheels and weigh a tonne - that means they're not so easy to manoeuvre and will be difficult to get up a staircase etc - I think the Sherman is the better of the 2 though. Keep in mind that EUC's aren't something you just jump on and learn to ride immediately. Crashes at > 20mph will tend to hurt whereas crashes on motorbikes at similar speeds tend to be fairly gentle. 

Thanks for the suggestion, I do appreciate it. I'm going to get protection too. I guess some of the motorcycle protection I own can be reused such as the helmet, jacket, gloves etc. I'll get knee-shin guards and wrist guards for sure. Nikola+ is actually a good option, but what about RS HT? More powerfull motor 2600W vs 1900W and 2 inch bigger wheel, only 150€ difference.

Just going by what I've read: the Nikola is far more robust which is going to be important when you're learning and when you get over confident and crash. The trolley handle is also better on the Nikola, the RS has an appalling trolley handle. The lights are blinding on the new MSX/RS models from Gotway - that's great for you to see where you're going but dangerous for other drivers and I suspect the police will stop you immediately if you blind them. On the plus side the RS HT will probably handle slightly better at speed and deal with pot holes better. 

You mentioned you have a bad knees, that you're a beginner and that you want an "ultimate wheel" - in my imagination that all adds up to a lot pain coming your way both financially and physically. A fit human can run at about 12 mph, crashing at even 20 mph can put a lot of stress through your legs and knees, crashing at 30+ mph is likely to break you and the wheel. Do you really need high speed? Personally I find cruising at 20mph fairly exhilarating but maybe that's just me. 

Edited by mike_bike_kite