Best for desert and high temperatures

Hi, i have been watching a lot of videos since i discovered this insane machine, i like the unmatched acceleration and sense of freedom as well as the portability and the fun. 

I like so far many wheels like, the design of the ninebot z10 (but i read it's no reliable support from the company anymore), and the gotway square designs like msuper x, it looks more professional than the inmotion and kingsong circular design (the inmotion concept design of the v10 was cool though now it looks like a toy) . But i heard gotway had got manufacturer issues, not sure about that though. The 16x of kingsong seems to be a good value overall for a beginner, the design is not the best but better than usual circular designs to me. 

As for performance i think all wheels will have suspension in the near future but i don't want to wait till then. 

Here are my needs appreciate any advice :

1. A wide tyre like 3" or even more! 

2. Decent acceleration yet can handle off-road (mainly sand and desert) 

3. Wide body (what's the widest euc) 

4. Low not angled pedals. 

5. Lightweight. (is an euc allowed for check in on plane, what's the maximum size battery allowed one piece.) 

6. With a seat and handle, high enough for sitting. 

7. Safe emf levels (is there any research out there on the effect of the emf radiating from those big batteries on the body)

8. Can handle high temperatures. (can hit 122f in the middle east!) and if so what's the euc with an effective overheating indicator. 

While i don't think there's a one euc that cover all these points for a beginner but i want the closest, thank you. 

52 minutes ago, AS1 said:

Wide body

Lightweight

With a seat and handle, high enough for sitting

That's somehow a contratiction in itself - either big or lightweight. You'll have to decide!

There are no big EUCs with nothing inside - they're always packed full with batteries. So the wider and taller, the heavier it will be.

is an euc allowed for check in on plane,

Afaik - no chance. Maybe with good luck one can get it on one flight...

what's the maximum size battery allowed one piece

The biggest LiIon packs allowed are somewhere at about 140Wh? A ridiculous size for modern EUCs.

But most airlines won't take EUCs even with batteries removed...

Safe emf levels (is there any research out there on the effect of the emf radiating from those big batteries on the body)

They all should have thhe neccesary ?FCC test/certificates/conformity declarations?.

That's afaik mostly regarding the bluetooth module. They all use BLE, which by itself has low radiation.

The batteries do not emit radiation.

The chopped currents through the wires and motor coils should emit some amount. But mostly in a very low frequency spectrum, and mainly just in high burden situations. No idea if and how this could inflict the body? Imho that's to short time durations and powers to waste a thought about this.

Can handle high temperatures. (can hit 122f in the middle east!) and if so what's the euc with an effective overheating indicator. 

If ome already has 122F ~50° ambient temperature is a bid bad. Already with 30-35°C one can bring the wheels to overheat threshold somewhere about ?80°?.

But here are afaik also sime riders from arizona - they should know. Or california in summertime?

Edit: Just rethought that - you really go voluntarely outside once it reaches 50°C?!

Edited by Chriull
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, AS1 said:

Here are my needs ...

A few points: No EUC will be good in loose sand. If you really want to ride in sand then just get a dirt bike. Also, no EUC will be allowed on a plane (unless it's your own plane). Batteries don't radiate EMF so at least you're safe there. Personally I'd suggest learning on a smaller EUC and then deciding what your requirements are.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AS1 said:

Thanks but i guess i should go with v11 easier on the knees 

I don't view the V11 as a good stating ppoint. and it doesn't match the light weight wheel criteria. Loose sand is the bane of EUC, you have no traction in or on it. in the desert I really doubt you can use any EUC. As it need traction to balance. On asphalt or dirt roads a top layer of loss sand with hard surface under it make it very slippey, so does mud. 

I would recommend getting a simplier wheekl and take it slow at first so you get an idea of an EUC limitations and benafits. 

• Like 1