References

Hello everyone. I'm new to the EUC forum, and am seriously contemplating acquiring a Veteran Sherman. I've reviewed articles, links, videos etc. and I've seen many of you on YouTube I'm sure. I sincerely appreciate all of the fun and work you all put in on your Wheels. As opposed to asking what EUC I should get as my first wheel (though any and all input is welcomed and appreciated as usual), I was wondering if instead others here could share links to reference materials that they use/find valuable/of interest. I'm trying to find where I can obtain the most current information, articles, reviews, etc. on EUCs. 

Pleased to meet you all, and I look forward to and appreciate seeing your responses and seeing you all soon further on or off the path...

46 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'm trying to find where I can obtain the most current information, articles, reviews, etc. on EUCs. 

Many information is spread on youtube - i don't know why, but most presumably i'm too old to get it.

But many/most of these reviews are linked here.

Also many discussions happen here - containing much detailed information. Just one has to decide which one to trust and which to take with a grain of salt.

An independend reddit ?channel? exists.Don't know to much what hspoens there.

And there are (at least) another two other big interesting forums - a french and a russian one.

Never been two much with them to give any opinion of how they compare to this forum.

Btw @The Dude

The russian forum used to be airwheel.ru this seemed to have changed to ecodrift.ru - but i did not figure out were the forum has gone. However @EcoDrift's teardown reports of every wheel aporoaching the market are very worth to be mentioned here as reference, too! Although he is one of the big resellers he is without mercy to any quality mishaps he could find. Seems like character can't be bought and one can make great business beeing honest!

The french forum is https://www.espritroue.fr/ - don't know if and how this is independend like this one, but has great members and content. (As far as i can tell as seldom google translate user...)

Reddit i already mentioned - maybe great but not my way. Like youtube - can not really accomodate with this stuff. Maybe even better with youtube, as videos can show stuff visually.

Speedyfeet (a very well reputated reseller from UK) mentioned he also started recently a forum - never looked at it till now. So no idea if and how it evolved.

If others know other interesting sources please let us know!

On 8/4/2020 at 9:26 PM, The Dude said:

As opposed to asking what EUC I should get as my first wheel

I think that is actually the first question you should ask. The Sherman would probably be the last wheel I'd recommend for learning on. Get a beat up 2nd hand wheel at a decent price, then, once you've learnt, decide what type of wheel you really want.

On 8/8/2020 at 10:04 AM, mike_bike_kite said:

I think that is actually the first question you should ask. The Sherman would probably be the last wheel I'd recommend for learning on. Get a beat up 2nd hand wheel at a decent price, then, once you've learnt, decide what type of wheel you really want.

I understand where you are coming from, and I'm not in disagreement. With this understanding in mind... I have already pulled the trigger on the Veteran Sherman (prior to seeing your reply amigo).