Update 1.3 safe? Any reported issues?

Paulandjacquelyn

3 hours ago, Paulandjacquelyn said:

I asked in other related post but no response.   Any reported issues with 1.3?   I'm running 1.2.7.  I know some will say don't update but I'm believer that updates are for issues n fixes.  I alsi know this situation differs a bit lol

Look at the main Ninebot forum.  Does it seem safe to upgrade? lol

I'd say if your ninebot doesn't have problems, then don't upgrade.  

There is only one reported upgrade to 1.3 that I've seen so far.  It was on a Ninebot One P and they haven't reported any issues yet.

I will be upgrading to 1.3 tonight on my Ninebot One E+

23 minutes ago, Cranium said:

There is only one reported upgrade to 1.3 that I've seen so far.  It was on a Ninebot One P and they haven't reported any issues yet.

Are you sure it wouldn't be better idea to just leave the new board at 1.2.2? ;)

Just now, esaj said:

Sure it wouldn't be better idea to just leave the new board at 1.2.2? ;)

Yes it would be a better idea.  But playing it safe isn't always what I end up doing.  LOL.

If I get it up and running with the code I got from Ninebot to change the serial number, I'll run it for a bit to make sure everything seems to work as expected.  If so I'll hit that upgrade button.  If it fries again, at least Ninebot will know they fried their own board.  LOL  

Plus, my P will be here next week. So I'll have a backup if the E+ goes down again. :)  

2 hours ago, Cranium said:

I reported that my NB1 P #N10 was operating well on 1.3

i did some heavy commuting on it yesterday, to/in/from the airports going to Seattle and on some serious hills up and down with no problems, also in the rain. 

im wondering if this firmware problem is affecting the E+ and older models and not the P models? I haven't seen anyone report of a bricked P as far as I remember in all the reading on this subject since last week. 

So did they release a firmware for the P to everyone and it was too powerful of a settings curve for the older hardware? I'm just thinking out loud, everyone has a different theory on here. 

15 hours ago, Paulandjacquelyn said:

I asked in other related post but no response.   Any reported issues with 1.3?   I'm running 1.2.7.  I know some will say don't update but I'm believer that updates are for issues n fixes.  I alsi know this situation differs a bit lol

Up to 1.2.5 i had the same opinion. But reading of burning hardware twice in a row with updates let me change my stance. I stay on 1.2.7 until 1.3 is confirmed stable for a few weeks. 

I also didnt see anything positive about the update in their releasenotes, so why should I risk problems when I dont have them now for no benefit?

11 hours ago, Vanopolis said:

I reported that my NB1 P #N10 was operating well on 1.3

i did some heavy commuting on it yesterday, to/in/from the airports going to Seattle and on some serious hills up and down with no problems, also in the rain. 

im wondering if this firmware problem is affecting the E+ and older models and not the P models? I haven't seen anyone report of a bricked P as far as I remember in all the reading on this subject since last week. 

So did they release a firmware for the P to everyone and it was too powerful of a settings curve for the older hardware? I'm just thinking out loud, everyone has a different theory on here. 

In the relatively little time I had to ride on the V1.2.9 I can certainly report that there was no enhancement of performance - still only got 12.5mph out of it on a smooth road surface before being pushed back.  Up and down hills didn't feel any different either.  Now got to wait for new boards to come in to stock before doing any more 'testing' :(

Funny, you'd think the bluetooth connection would identify exactly what the app is attached to and decide which parts of the upgrade to 'dish out' accordingly?  Or perhaps that's just too obvious?

Possibly not enough 'P' models out there for a 'useful' feedback yet as everyone seems to be out of stock with (at least at Speedyfeet) none more being available until February next year!

3 hours ago, DangerousDick said:

Possibly not enough 'P' models out there for a 'useful' feedback yet as everyone seems to be out of stock with (at least at Speedyfeet) none more being available until February next year!

They're too busy building new E/E+ -mainboards to replace the fried ones to manufacture any more P's ;)

@SlimerNice to know you have a contact on the inside! Might come in handy someday ;)

But sorry to put it bluntly, thats the same thing the app said when it wanted to update to 1.2.9... update, good! ;)

They need to regain our trust now, by releasing bulletproof Firmware Updates with listed positive effects in their release notes for several firmware update cycles. And still there will be people that will stay hesitant.. breaking bones and burning 1000+$ Devices does that to you...

I'd be happy to 'test' any firmware if they're after volunteers - just send me a board with the firmware loaded (so I don't wreck my own - once it's repaired!) and I'll gladly follow a 'task list' & post results.

Clearly they haven't the resource to effectively test all models so I'm sure some of us in this community would step forward, or is it just me ;)

Mind you, I can only test in cold temperatures for a few months as the winter has definitely arrived over here in cold & wet UK :( summer can't come around again quick enough (did we even get one this year??).

Archived