Has anyone Ever had this problem

Shabba

18 minutes ago, Shabba said:

Has anyone ever had a battery with a voltage reading too low to charge with the included charger? If so what did you do about it? 

Unfortionately this comes quite often.

When the BMS is refusing a charge, it has a reason.

In my experience, "battery too low to charge" actually means 1 dead cell, that the BMS is aware of, and preventing charging. The reduced voltage you're detecting is from the remaining good cells. The pack is worth more as individual salvaged cells and (maybe) a salvage bms now (often they'll be so taped up they're not reusable) now; even replacing the dead cell, you don't know how soon until its siblings start going bad too and what state of degradation they might be in. 

I've tried charging these packs by going straight to the connections on the battery, and it takes a charge, but the result is that you overcharge the good cells since they have to come up to the same voltage as they did before, and the pack is still useless (they'll all charge to 4.35 or 4.4, I've even seen 4.5 which is why the BMS is refusing a charge)

Edited by tudordewolf

4 hours ago, Chriull said:

Yes. But i'd start looking at the charger...

The charger is charging my other batteries. I’ve had all three batteries out of the monster while I was waiting for a part from China, The voltage between the three  batteries were pretty close but after sitting out of the monster for about 2 month Just one pack has drained all the way down  to where it can’t be charged by the charger which I don’t understand why, the other two packs are pretty much at the same voltage

8 hours ago, Shabba said:

The charger is charging my other batteries.

To which voltage?

I’ve had all three batteries out of the monster while I was waiting for a part from China, The voltage between the three  batteries were pretty close but after sitting out of the monster for about 2 month Just one pack has drained all the way down

To which voltage?

to where it can’t be charged by the charger

No red light? It stays green or no light at all?

which I don’t understand why,

Something bad with the wires? The BMS? Anything looks different, anything "abnormal" to be seen?

the other two packs are pretty much at the same voltage

Could be many dead cells,  or some "physical" problems with the BMS, wires, cells, nickel strips or whatever of this pack...