USA-CO, Selling MSX 84V and KS-14D (Both wheels SOLD)

I need to sell my wheels. I'm in the Denver metro area. I will include 3d printed stands for both wheels (wheels are on these stands in the photos). I have original boxes from eWheels. Standard chargers for both wheels. Prices will be in addition to shipping if not local. I'll get shipping labels from eWheels. Both wheels still have the one year warranty from their purchase dates.

KS-14D (420wh): $500. 167 miles on the wheel. Purchased January 2020 from eWheels.

84 MSX (1600wh): $800. 267 miles on the wheel. Purchased March 2020 from eWheels. Will include seat and self-standing fender.

The 14D has the usual scratches from learning. Very scratched pedals. Has baby bumpers and neoprene kuji pads. Some abrasion to the shell and handle from a faceplant.

The MSX also has the usual scratches and has been crashed (at 25 MPH). Has baby bumpers on it. It is missing its headlight and the shell screw standoffs are broken. It has a few scratches as well. Selling as-is. Crash details below.

Photos:

KS-14D

MSX

About the MSX crash: I faceplanted at 25 MPH. I was wearing a Joe Rocket Phoenix Ion Summit mesh jacket, Leatt Dual Axis knee guards, LS2 Pioneer helmet, Demon Flexmeter double-sided D3O wrist guards. I was not wearing motorcycle boots, and should have been. The rest of the gear did its job perfectly, though lack of ankle protection means I sprained my ankle and damaged some tendons in my leg. I was on crutches for a week and in a boot for 2 weeks. As far as the cause of the crash, I do not know what happened. I thought I may have hit a bump or something. Returned to the scene about 2 weeks later when I could drive again, and it was a perfect bicycle lane. Machine malfunction cannot be ruled out. Would probably be fairly easy to repair and make a great spare/project/beater wheel, just GEAR UP and BE CAREFUL. I think riding around cars is just plain irresponsible now. I am lucky the wheel harmlessly flew off the road into the grass and not into a car or pedestrian!  Probably not the best story to sell a wheel... But full disclosure is always best.

As far as the 14D goes, it's just no fun to me after riding the MSX. Plus, I cannot be trusted on EUC's. I'd rather just quit while I'm ahead. If anyone wants any more photos, I'm happy to share. 

Shipping update: eWheels requires name, email, phone number and shipping address in order to quote and generate shipping labels.

SOLD: The 14D shipped from Colorado to NYC for $39. I left the wheel with Fedex at 5pm on Friday. The buyer, @Seahorse_Dimples, received the wheel Monday at 10 AM. That's awesome... eWheels shipping is fantastic!

MSX update: I ordered the headlight parts from eWheels. Missing headlight seems to be a sticking point, so I'm going to repair (or replace, if it comes to that) the shell and reinstall the headlight and then re-list. Probably for a higher price since I will have done the labor and bought the parts I was discounting for.

SOLD: MSX sold to @Bao Nguyen as-is for $835. 

Edited by orbajosbrother
Updating sold status
  • Like 2

@orbajosbrother

i applaud you for the honesty, and am sorry to hear about your crash. stories like urs need to be shared to show ppl to gear up.

also, i have a 14d, 16s, 18s....even though the 18s is faster though nowhere near as fast as msx, whenever i get on my 14d, i still get a kick out of it because of it's smaller diameter it accelerates a lot faster...

also i never heard of this shipping thru ewheels, what does that mean? i can sell my uniccyle and make a shipping label thru ewheels?

Edited by someguy152
more deetas

15 hours ago, someguy152 said:

also i never heard of this shipping thru ewheels, what does that mean? i can sell my uniccyle and make a shipping label thru ewheels?

Yes that is exactly right. Assuming you bought the wheel from them and you wish to ship it somewhere, you tell them the shipping address, phone number, email address and name. They then tell you how much such a shipping label will cost, you paypal them some money and they email you a printable shipping label. It's super easy and convenient. This might even work for shipping a wheel to and from a vacation spot, though I'm not sure about that :)

51 minutes ago, orbajosbrother said:

Yes. I have a new headlight assembly to install, or just throw it in the box if someone wants the MSX as-is and is willing to do the work on it.

Would you ship ? If so, PM me please. I can't send PMs. Thank you

@orbajosbrother Hey, I'm local in Boulder. If its still available I'm willing to buy as is (and I can install the new headlight and do the repairs too if you're too busy). I'm a KS 16x rider here and one of my friends wants to ride with me. He learned how to ride my 16x in 30 min :)

3 hours ago, Bao Nguyen said:

@orbajosbrother Hey, I'm local in Boulder. If its still available I'm willing to buy as is (and I can install the new headlight and do the repairs too if you're too busy). I'm a KS 16x rider here and one of my friends wants to ride with me. He learned how to ride my 16x in 30 min :)

PM incoming.