1.2.9 killed my ninebot. Beware!

Jdestef

2 hours ago, Bordello said:

Ninebot in germany is taking care of my issue. I will send them my device for repairing.

But atm it is unsettled who will pay for the transport - at least it weights 14,2 KG and has is worth over 1000 €, i think transport with insurance is over 100€ in in and for germany.

The story continues :)

Best regards

In the states, they provide "shipping labels" which is just like a pre-paid shipping form that I take to a FedEx office which covers the cost of shipping.

I would certainly expect them to pay for shipping.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jdestef said:

In the states, they provide "shipping labels" which is just like a pre-paid shipping form that I take to a FedEx office which covers the cost of shipping.

Where did you buy?

It's not as expensive as you think: 14,99 € at the postoffice + 3,50 € for an ensureance for 2.500 €.

See: https://www.dhl.de/de/paket/preise/preise-national.html

51 minutes ago, One said:

Where did you buy?

It's not as expensive as you think: 14,99 € at the postoffice + 3,50 € for an ensureance for 2.500 €.

I bought from china on amazon, but I've been dealing with ninebot US in new jersey. I'm in Boston.

Regarding my 1.2.9 dead ninebot:  Ninebot US is going to send me a new mobo once they "get some in stock".  

On Dienstag, 24. November 2015, Jdestef said:

Thats the way I expect too :)

Update:

They will pay for the trasnport/shipping and they also make the "registration" at DPD (something like DHL) for me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2015, 8:19:20, One said:

Where did you buy?

for UK - Parcel Monkey are very good - it's a comparison service but comes back with good value prices from various couriers

How did you even get 1.2.6 and now 1.2.9?

I check my app every day and all the time it skips the buggy software. I never got a notice about 1.2.6 or 1.2.9 being available, only got 1.2.7 (which is my current software and everything works well) and now it asks me if I want to upgrade to 1.3, so I never had a chance to test 1.2.9 :-)

Is it worth to install v 1.3? Riding on 1.2.7 is the best experience I've ever had on my Ninebot One, no bugs, no problems, what else could they fix or improve? :D
I think I will keep 1.2.7 for now.

The update appears, a few unlucky soul's download it, it breaks, reports get back to the company and the next thing you know it's no longer available - very easy to miss (not easy enough in my case!) and only catch the updated update ;) 1.3

All reports I've seen say that 1.3 is fine - knowing that now, a couple of weeks later, is great.  I'll certainly be letting others do all the testing from now on :)

Woohoo - just had my NB E+ returned to me from being repaired at SpeedyFeet :)

Been a good while now, I'll have to learn how to ride it again?  Can't wait to get out and about and as an added bonus the sun is shining up here in the North West so no excuses.  Have to get some work done between enjoying myself, but I'm sure it can wait.

Firmware on the board is showing 1.3.0 and a new serial number on the app but I'm up and running so it's all good.

15 minutes ago, DangerousDick said:

Woohoo - just had my NB E+ returned to me from being repaired at SpeedyFeet :)

Been a good while now, I'll have to learn how to ride it again?  Can't wait to get out and about and as an added bonus the sun is shining up here in the North West so no excuses.  Have to get some work done between enjoying myself, but I'm sure it can wait.

Firmware on the board is showing 1.3.0 and a new serial number on the app but I'm up and running so it's all good.

Great to hear you're back up and running ?

Top marks to Speedyfeet as usual.  They always seem to come through for me without fail.  Nice to know that if you buy from them they've got your back (which has been my experience too) although I managed to avoid the dreaded 1.2.9 brick your own NB1 update!

Interestingly, yesterday afternoon I also had a delivery from DHL - a new board direct from China which was dispatched to me on Sunday.

What to do - I suppose I just keep the 'spare' just in case it all happens again?  With no replies from Ninebot I just thought they were ignoring me and went back to Ian instead.  The timing meant that after mine was fixed a replacement board came to the door.

Haven't looked at the 'fitted' board yet, but the one China sent me is a Rev1.3.1 board (green) whatever that means ;)

Hey - do you think that these boards need to be resprayed at some point to keep them waterproof.  Mine get quite mucky and gritty and although it can be cleaned a bit with compressed air (carefully) wondered if a clean with a paint brush might be a good idea.  Problem is as soon as you start down that route you may be removing the silicone water proof layer .... thoughts?

One thing I noticed on my versiion 1.3.1 board was that waterproofing was sprayed on rather than having the appearance of being dipped like my version 1.3 board.  Also the 6 MOSFETs on the underside were not really coated with the waterproofing which would make sense if it is sprayed afterwards.  I'm not too concerned about it since my Ninebots should never become submerged though. :)

I'm going to be replacing the MOSFETs on my bad board and purchased Ducky Electro Seal to re-coat the circuit board.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001BW68ES?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

14 minutes ago, Cranium said:

One thing I noticed on my versiion 1.3.1 board was that waterproofing was sprayed on rather than having the appearance of being dipped like my version 1.3 board.  Also the 6 MOSFETs on the underside were not really coated with the waterproofing which would make sense if it is sprayed afterwards.  I'm not too concerned about it since my Ninebots should never become submerged though. :)

I'm going to be replacing the MOSFETs on my bad board and purchased Ducky Electro Seal to re-coat the circuit board.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001BW68ES?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Thanks Cranium - do you know, when you spray the board, whether you can just spray everything front back , top bottom etc or is there an area this should not be sprayed.  My assumption is that, based on the purpose of spraying it, you can just coat everything....

wow....Duck Electric seal costs £45.00 ($67.02) in UK on Amazon for same can!! - think I may look for a substitute....

You can spray everything....but don't coat the heatsinks as this would create a little bit of a thermal barrier for heat dissipation.  A little spray on them is fine where the MOSFETs attach.

Ducky Seal is expensive there!  

You can try to look at: 

3M ELECTRICAL SEALANT http://www.pacergroup.net/ItemForm.aspx?Item=E1601CLR

There are others out there too.  But in general they do cost a bit.

• 5 months later...
  • esaj unpinned this topic

Archived