smarty

I have a problem with my KS18L – it is not charging at all.  It used to have the tail light glowing red, and bluetooth would connect while charging but now - nothing.

I've taken the covers off to see if I could see anything obvious.

When I plug it in the LEDs in the picture flash for a fraction of a second and then nothing else happens.

There is still 84V getting to the board – I’ve checked this with a multimeter against where the charging wires connect to the motherboard.

I’ve checked the two 30amp fuses and they are ok.

Any suggestions please

LEDs.png

1 hour ago, smarty said:

When I plug it in the LEDs in the picture flash for a fraction of a second and then nothing else happens.

If you have good luck that's some kind of diagnostic code someone here knows?

1 hour ago, smarty said:

There is still 84V getting to the board – I’ve checked this with a multimeter against where the charging wires connect to the motherboard.

Yes - charging wires are routed via the motherboard. (And from there to the batteries and from the batteries back to the board).

Unfortionately i have no idea if the motherboards power supply is possile also from the charge input or only from the battery output.

Could it be that your batteries got too low, so the motherboard turns itself of immedeately? Battery voltage is measured by the cpu and maybe there is some low voltage battery emergency shutoff in firmware?

I'd start measuring voltage from the charger (your mentioned 84V, i assume), voltage arriving at the charging input of the batteries and voltage output of the batteries and after the fuses finally ariving at the motherboard.