Which little wheel with MSX ? Best combo ?

Hello Wheelers,

After 2 years with my beautiful MSX V2 that I don't want to leave for anything in the world (household of 3 with my wife;), I'm looking to do a household of 4 now with a small 14-inch wheel for short trips or at least  .

I'm constantly on standby on the wheels. But I admit that it's not so easy to make a choice.

Here are some indications to help me in this wise choice.  If someone has a 14 inch MSX + combo, I'm interested:

- guy of 1.91m for a weight of 87kg

- need either no trolley or a fairly large trolley (at least 90cm in height if not useful for me), circuit breaker

- use of this 14 inch: enter a store in discreet mode, pleasant to drive, powerful (point to see if necessary), light (15kg?)

- rather design to decorate the room: p

- budget: 1000 € maximum

I had thought in my choices MCM5 or nothing to see a small one s2 (even if no trolley) but circuit breaker.

The KS 14D or D I looked but I do not know if trolley high enough ...

a lot of criteria but I can compromise.  I just want a practical wheel to take quickly without taking the head 

PS: I live in Paris so some paving stones to plan

Thanks Wheelers (pro or not;))

One S2 is miles away from an MCM5 800wh, I learnt on the one S2 then got an MCM5, upgraded the tyre to 2.5" and raised it slightly.  One S2 sold, MCM5 is a keeper and also have an MSX for ride outs.  

I would suggest an MCM5 as it's big wheel in a small package.  Quite a hard ride with the standard tyre, rider weight about the same and had to run 45psi with the standard tyre so feel every bump. With the 2.5" I run 35psi and it's a much better ride.  Get a bit of battery sag as only 3p but can do 15-17 miles without any drop in performance riding hard, riding softer my 17 year old is getting a solid 25 miles out of it and our average riding speed on a 15 mile ride is around 12-13mph.

• Like 1

Just got 28 miles out the MCM5, battery at 35% at rest. Reset his but my average riding speed was 14.4mph.  Had a little ride on it half a mile from home and still has loads of punch.  Got the 2 beeps and 3 beeps for low battery in the last few miles.

I use an MCM5 as my primary wheel. Love this thing to death. I get probably 15 miles per charge but I like to cruise at 20/22mph which is generally just under my third alarm. With full battery I can push to ~25mph before hearing beeps. I'm ~170lbs 5' 11". It's a great budget wheel that's super zippy, portable, and stable. Would definitely recommend!

• Like 1

I have an MSX and and MCM4.

The latter is only for the kids learning (got it second hand for €180).

For any trip, I would only consider the msx. It's perfect also for city use in my opinion.

Biggest issue for me using the MCM4 is actually the pedal height.

On 5/27/2020 at 4:41 PM, RagingGrandpa said:

Les petits pneus et les surfaces rugueuses ne se mélangent pas.

Pourquoi votre MSX est-il "mauvais" pour de courts trajets?

He is not bad but it is not very fun because cars stop regurly but with a little wheel we have a "punch" to go more fast :)

Edited by kelec_947

Hello friends, 

Compared to the choice of "my wheel" or two wheels,
 I am thinking in particular of my height: 1.91, I need a high trolley so that I can enter the stores.  Luckily the MCM5 to a very high trolley that I could try.  

I come back from a stroll in Paris 3 days ago with my MSX and I said to myself whew that the big tire of my msx saves me on the paving stones of invalids. At the same time, I said to myself pff it's hard  to start from a red light compared to the Tesla.

After I thought about it, I will take a super pro M for the couple but it does not meet my needs (autonomy and comfort for one and ergonomics for the other) and I deduced that  'one wheel for me was not possible.

The only one that could have suited me I think would have been a KS16X.  But skiing is not a Gotway.

So I arrive at this diagram there: Either I only take a 16X or I go on an MSX + a new MCM5 V2 with a tire with a diameter greater than the tesla.

What do you think ?  I would like, if you have a few minutes to have your look 🙂

Thanks to you,