Custom Power Pads for Gotway Nikola or others!

These seem to be by far the highest quality pads i've seen here! Maybe you could start an R&D thread. I would be happy to participate. I'm sure theres lots of potential for pads to keep evolving and further amplify the skills of the rider. Just look at how far clipless pedals have come in the MTB world. 

Knowing EPDM i'm sure its one of the best materials out there in terms of grip, firmness and durability! Pity i couldnt find any where I live.

Do let me share a little trick I learnt while developing my own pads: Diaper Velcro!
https://a.aliexpress.com/_d6EaTkH

It's soft and thin, does not scratch your legs when riding padless, does not add much bulk and very secure. You will thank yourself for using this when you need to disassemble the wheel. Also allows you to use a variety of pads to fit the occasion. 

• Like 1

@Finn Bjerke great question! I buy my velcro without adhesives and add my own.

As @buell47 mentioned, most available stock adhesives are generally not good enough for long-term durability. 

On the wheel/velcro loop side I use this heavy duty tape I happen to have locally called steve&lief super strong double sided mounting tape. It's even stronger than the various 3m tapes I have tried and most importantly cheap as peanuts and easilly accessible for me. Not sure if it's available out of Singapore. Next best thing is probably 3M's 300LSE. (Anyone with more expertise on adhesives please help to chime in if there are better products for this purpose)90009853_XL1.jpg

On the pad side, my velcro hooks are sewn on. This will not be possible if you are not using some kind of upholstery over your pads so contact cement might work better if your pads are made of bare foam. 

Have considered 3m dual lock, but it's too thick and riding without pads would be impossible unless your skin is tough as iron, haha. 

thx tinkerboi good info much appreciated.  I live in Denmark will see what I can find --- I live on a remote Island -- a little EUC paradise in fact but we dopnt have many shops.

This is my crazy power pad: its a neck protector from a car seat - it haS velcro so you can put it on the EUC in 2 minuites - its works superisingly well   I made a video about it too:

483932695_nakkesttte1.png.88b3e319b251336bc9eb64cb7e2d7493.png

Skærmbillede fra 2020-05-16 19-25-12.png

nakkestøtte 2.png

• Like 1

• 11 months later...