Sealant or not? Puncture on tubed vs tubeless tires

Nic

37 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

I wonder, did anyone true solid tyre on a EUC?

Must be bumpy as H.LL?

Bu flats are GONE 🥰

I wonder if those push pins can withstand the braking force of a EUC?

Im tempted to try it, unless someone allready can say its a fail :-)

#Aliexpress SEK 286.69  12%OFF | Good Quality 16 Inch Solid Tyre  Electric Vehicle Tire 16x2.125 Non Inflation Tubeless Tyre Fits Folding Electric Bicycle E-bike
https://a.aliexpress.com/_d7L9IFr

No NO NO NOOO and NO. solid tube/tire = fail. Your ankles, knees and euc rim/axle will thank me, that I told you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShanesPlanet said:

No NO NO NOOO and NO. solid tube/tire = fail. Your ankles, knees and euc rim/axle will thank me, that I told you.

I figured, thanks for the feedback 👊 Also im not sure it would stay fixated on rim during hard breaking of 20+95kg :-)

but puncture proof would be epic

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

I figured, thanks for the feedback 👊 Also im not sure it would stay fixated on rim during hard breaking of 20+95kg :-)

but puncture proof would be epic

I dont know about it spinning on the rim, probably wouldnt. I do know that they have been trying to come up with a decent solid tube since the early 80's. MAYBE things have changed recently, but I bent many a rim and damaged my wrists a few times, trying them on bicycles. I know that flats suck, but we have to be honest about how flexible/adjustable the standard air filled tube/tire can be. Theres a lot going on with a tire as you set different pressures. Think of an aired up tire as an adjustable shock, a damn good one. If you want to see what solid may feel like, air up your euc tire to around 60psi and hop off a small curb. THATS the joy of airless bullshit. Not too  expensive to try by buying one, just be mindful of your rim and knees. I hear that these sealant compounds (slime) have come a long way in recent years. Perhaps give some of that a try, if you're in areas prone to flats? I've never had luck out of it, but that was years ago and it doesnt mean you wouldnt. I wonder if kids know how to remove and even patch a tube with a kit nowadays? I bet not, and if you point them to a rotary phone, they wont know how to call for help either. :)

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have been trying to find/order a tubeless tire for a couple of weeks and its damn frustrating. I couldnt even find the right size and ended up ordering a larger size that hasnt even been shipped after a week! Is there any resource or reference avalible to assist me in finding a good 80/80-14 or 2.75-14 size tire? After found is there a way to confirm its even in stock?

As for the sealant topic I decided to use https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00159O3NU?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

I think this product will help immensley during the initial seating of the valve and tire beads since it has a high liquid/water concentration compared to the sludge/slime concentration of the other products.

Have you read this whole thread ? If not, you probably should.

Myself, I have no opinion on the tube v tubeless topic.

But I did get two nice tube type tires for the s18 from EWheels toot suite. 

Best,

• Confused 1