Bluetooth audio (instead of beeper)

Chriull

Especially since there are two bluetooth connections involved - EUC to phone and phone to "Bluetooth Audio systems".

EUC World should afaik trigger warnings once the connection is lost/"stalls" - but don't know how good all disconnection/stall scenarios can be/are covered?

Additionally for example the Z10 does not send timely data in case of high burdens. In overlean logs of the Z10 it seems data transfer is delayed to after the overlean/high burden event...

Afair this appeared in one (overlean?) log, were the current went over ?100A - the internal firmware current limit of the Z10? and no current values were transmitted anymore above ?80A? - so no real option for an overcurrent alarm with wheellog/EUC World/Darknessbot and Z10....

No idea about warnings with phone to "Bluetooth Audio system" disconnection/connection stall problems?! Which could arise and if this is/could be essential?

@fbhb - how is your experience/thoughts with your system?

Ps.: Started this in a new topic - does not really fit in the V11 topic were this "evolved"

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Especially since there are two bluetooth connections involved - EUC to phone and phone to "Bluetooth Audio systems".

EUC World should afaik trigger warnings once the connection is lost/"stalls" - but don't know how good all disconnection/stall scenarios can be/are covered?

This was also my concern. It has NOTHING to do with @Seba and his awesome app. It has more to do with the instability of my droid device. Theres always the wheel bluetooth as well. Sometimes my droid has crashed or lost bt signal. I just assumed the built in beep would be less reliant on so many factors. In the end, a simple error would mean the data wouldnt get reported, or bluetooth connection failed, or ANY myriad of issues. Adding bluetooth and another device on TOP of that, is what concerned me. But, the proof is in the pudding and if @fbhb

has no issue, then thats a true testament to seba and ALL the devs involved. I think its pretty damn neat, as that beep is annoying as hell sometimes.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Chriull said:

@fbhb - how is your experience/thoughts with your system?

As stated in the V11 topic, I have not had any issues whatsoever with doing this 5 months or so ago.  I note your concern about the overlean current exceeding 100A in one log, but I only have my peak current now set to 65A after triggering it once at 55A on a hill.  I do not do any really aggressive starts/stops/accelerations so 65A seems to be OK for my style of riding.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, fbhb said:

As stated in the V11 topic, I have not had any issues whatsoever with doing this 5 months or so ago.  I note your concern about the overlean current exceeding 100A in one log, but I only have my peak current now set to 65A after triggering it once at 55A on a hill.  I do not do any really aggressive starts/stops/accelerations so 65A seems to be OK for my style of riding.

BTW - what do you use for bluetooth audio in your helmet? Some premanufactured system or DIY?

Just now, Chriull said:

BTW - what do you use for bluetooth audio in your helmet? Some premanufactured system or DIY?

I have used the Sena 3S-W for both of my TSG Pass and also my Bell Super DH.  My Ruroc helmets have Ruroc's own "Shockwave" Bluetooth audio fitted.

EUC-World-1.jpg

Sena 3S-W.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chriull said:

EUC World doesn't rely on BT connection status only, but also checks if fresh data are constantly arriving. So even if BT connection is still estabilished, it will issue "connection lost" warning if data stream will be interrupted for any reason. This is also why I'm against disabling "connection lost" warning and made a unobtrusive option (silent beep + vibration instead of louder beep). It's because I know this is a safety feature many users rely on, including me. To date I never had a situation that I didn't got alerted by EUC World or wasn't aware that connection was dropped.

But still it's wise to have as much redundancy as possible. It's because of two scenarios. First thing: EUC World may fail, phone may fail, BT module in wheel may fail. There is a lot things that may fail, causing EUC World not to issue alert on time. While probability is rather small (actually, never experienced this), especially with proven setup, it's still possible in theory. So it's always best to use both EUC World and have wheel beeping. Personally I use "hybrid" setup. I ride for distance, not for speed, so my first speed alarm is set at 31 km/h in EUCW only and there are no wheel beeps at this speed. Second alarm is set both in EUCW and in wheel at 34 km/h and third at 37 km/h. Tiltback is set at 40 km/h. Second thing: advantage of this setup is that I can always take my wheel for a ride without EUCW and still rely on wheel beeps. But... I never ride without EUCW running and voice alerts/messages on my Sena comm set or Aftershokz bone conduction earphones. I got addicted to EUCW and would feel unsafe without EUCW alerts.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Seba said:

I never ride without EUCW running and voice alerts/messages on my Sena

26 minutes ago, Seba said:

I got addicted to EUCW and would feel unsafe without EUCW alerts.

Me too, my sentiments entirely on both of the above quotes!  Thanks once again @Seba for all your hard work, my set up works flawlessly so I'm not too concerned although do take on board having the wheel still able to beep could act as a back up if needed (never had EUC World let me down so far though)

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1