EUC pressing p against my dominant leg

GothamMike

19 hours ago, GothamMike said:

Started the other day. Like a magnet, my KS18L is pressing against my right calf, that leg is slightly longer, and is my push-off leg.

How long have you been riding? It sounds like you have found a "relaxed posture" for your difference in leg length.
How are your feet? Are any of them pronated?

My wheel tends to lean a bit more on my dominant leg because I put a bit more weight on it.

• Like 1

My wheels tends to lean away from the leg that has more arthritis in that hip.  I must have adopted a standing and walking posture that favors my 'good' leg. Its been this way for years and I never noticed as I am very adamant about not walking like a duck. I guess over time, we adjust to these things, and the EUC seems to be VERY good at pointing it out to us.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

How long have you been riding? It sounds like you have found a "relaxed posture" for your difference in leg length.
How are your feet? Are any of them pronated?

My wheel tends to lean a bit more on my dominant leg because I put a bit more weight on it.

Terribly pronated. My dominant leg has a bigger calf. I wear commando boots from walmart to protect my ankles. Love them! 

4 hours ago, GothamMike said:

Terribly pronated. My dominant leg has a bigger calf. I wear commando boots from walmart to protect my ankles. Love them! 

If you haven't, try riding a bit duck footed.

My right leg is dominant. My right foot is normal.
My left foot is pronated with a weak arch so I tend to turn that foot out a bit more. My left knee tracks better that way instead of collapsing inward with my foot.

I do leg strengthening and foot strengthening exercises. Shrimp squats in particular have a tendency to reveal weaknesses. Narrow lunges are an easier substitute otherwise.

Corrective inlays/inserts might work as well.

I have a pair of favourite riding boots as well. I almost died yesterday riding in other shoes... so many thoughts running through my head and I was thinking... "oh well this was a fun two years riding time to do something else I guess". :efeffe9e4a:

4 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

... I almost died yesterday riding in other shoes... so many thoughts running through my head and I was thinking... "oh well this was a fun two years riding time to do something else I guess". :efeffe9e4a:

Sorry to hear that!  Hope you're okay!

Have you rethought your stance on helmets?  :laughbounce2:

14 hours ago, Stillhart said:

Sorry to hear that!  Hope you're okay!

Have you rethought your stance on helmets?  :laughbounce2:

Haha sorry i'm a bit of a drama queen. I meant that I almost died emotionally questioning my very existence.
It was all because of my shoes. Even though I should know better.

I do think about helmets quite often though. But lately i've been thinking more about a long range wheel. And a bit sad that my MSX gets me a bit less range now after 9000km.
And a bit sad that I can't ride my 16X because I am waiting for my new tyre to arrive.

#life

• Like 1

A quick fix instead of padding up the euc is get a EUC bodyguard from the fatunicyclist. Keeps the machine pristine and u dont need pads or shinguards.Feels strange riding without it on now though as i cant be bothered putting it on and taking it off,so it stays on all the time!

• Like 2

My left leg is dominant and my new Nik is definitely locked on to my left calf. It feels comfortable, tbh, except when I try to turn left. Then I have a hard time getting weight onto my right foot. I have to very consciously lift my left heel to get my weight onto the right foot.

I didn't have this issue with the E+. It felt equally conformable in either direction.

From reading this thread, I've been experimenting a bit with my foot position. I'm. Not sure what to try to relieve the issue so I'm trying a little bit of everything. Any suggestions for more specific things to try would help!