Super Charger- Anyone have ?

Paulandjacquelyn

The larger the battery the more amps you can through at is because the amps are divided among more batteries. The uni industry really need to go towards lipo in the RC world the discharge rate is far greater and the charge rate much faster. As an example a 12s 5000 mah pack can be charged at 50 amps or more in some cases.  I pull over 200 amps out of a 12s lipo pack in some of my large heli's.

27 minutes ago, BPINE said:

The larger the battery the more amps you can through at is because the amps are divided among more batteries. The uni industry really need to go towards lipo in the RC world the discharge rate is far greater and the charge rate much faster. As an example a 12s 5000 mah pack can be charged at 50 amps or more in some cases.  I pull over 200 amps out of a 12s lipo pack in some of my large heli's.

Even in the RC world there is a huge difference between the rate at which a LiPo can be discharged and the rate as which it is safe to charge at.

Sure, you can get the charge rate down from the 1C (1 hour) historically safe to 3C (20 minutes) IF you've got a powerful enough charger but you WILL shorten the life of the pack.

The newer cells on offer are capable of taking a higher charge rate but we're still nowhere near where we should be - just when are those hydrogen cells coming that we keep hearing about??

Just imagine the power required for such an act.  A 12s 5000mAh pack at 1C charge will require over 200 watts of power to get it charged.  The same pack at the 20 minute rate would take nearly 700 watts (nearly 3 amps of 240v mains supply) and generate a bunch of heat?

Our 15S packs equate to 55.5v nominal 6000mAh (I'm guessing?) would need a power supply of a kilowatt to charge for 20 minutes, that's some big wires?

In the RC world we're usually limited by a 12v leisure battery to charge from which sends the wattage even higher :)

Estimates / dodgy calculations etc. cannot be relied on as the 'grey matter' ain't what it used to be ;) feel free to correct where necessary?

12 hours ago, SlowMo said:

Be carefull...our ninebots charge their battery at 63v, not at 67.2 as the other eucs.

Anyway, probably you can safely charge at 4 or 5 amps without any danger. 

Original charger uses 120w, which is between near 3 amps and 2 amps until achieve 63v. Then it enters in constant voltage mode.

8 hours ago, Rotator said:

Be carefull...our ninebots charge their battery at 63v, not at 67.2 as the other eucs.

Anyway, probably you can safely charge at 4 or 5 amps without any danger. 

Original charger uses 120w, which is between near 3 amps and 2 amps until achieve 63v. Then it enters in constant voltage mode.

Yes, sorry about that. I didn't know @Paulandjacquelyn is using a Ninebot One.

3 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

It says  for 16 S  lithium pack only. 

:( Well im going to go put a multi meter on my IPS T260+ today and see what the voltage says... as i also would like another battery charger for backup/travel/whatever

Some of the power supply sellers will allow you to specify what type of plug you need.  The Ninebot One uses a LEMO 4 Pin connector.  

Or you can just buy the connector separately: 

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/LEMO-plug-self-locking-connector-PAG-M0-4GL-AC39V-PLG-M0-4GL-LV-glaze-concavity/32274404303.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.1.eoMCez&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_2_79_78_77_80,searchweb201644_5,searchweb201560_9

• 1 month later...

Archived