Mten3 Headlight

Johnny B

New to the forum as well as the EUC world.  I just purchased my first EUC the mten3 and it arrived today.  I am in the process of learning to ride and understanding my wheel.  I am having a difficult time figuring out why the headlight keeps coming back on after I shut my wheel down completely.  I shut the wheel down and everything looks fine than approximately 10-20 minutes later it is back on at a very low intensity but it is on.

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

34 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

New to the forum as well as the EUC world.  I just purchased my first EUC the mten3 and it arrived today.  I am in the process of learning to ride and understanding my wheel.  I am having a difficult time figuring out why the headlight keeps coming back on after I shut my wheel down completely.  I shut the wheel down and everything looks fine than approximately 10-20 minutes later it is back on at a very low intensity but it is on.

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

You have a defective Mten3. Please contact your dealer for support.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 2/28/2020 at 10:04 PM, Marty Backe said:

You have a defective Mten3. Please contact your dealer for support.

Hello Marty,

Thanks again for helping out on this.

I contacted the dealer and they determined I had a faulty control board.  I finally received it after a month.  I used your tear down video to dismantle my mTen3 and replace it. (Thanks for that).  We will see if it fixed the problem once it's back together.

Since I have it apart, I decided to paint it.  I haven't even learned to ride it completely and I am painting it.   My question being, I saw you changed the color of the pads, did you just paint over those or was it a special paint you used?

Thanks

Paul

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Hello Marty,

Thanks again for helping out on this.

I contacted the dealer and they determined I had a faulty control board.  I finally received it after a month.  I used your tear down video to dismantle my mTen3 and replace it. (Thanks for that).  We will see if it fixed the problem once it's back together.

Since I have it apart, I decided to paint it.  I haven't even learned to ride it completely and I am painting it.   My question being, I saw you changed the color of the pads, did you just paint over those or was it a special paint you used?

Thanks

Paul

The pads were painted with two coats of flat spray paint (I tend to use RUST-OLEUM 2X Ultra). The only prep I did was clean them.

You just had bad luck getting a faulty control board. I'm sure it'll work great once you get it back together.

Thank you, yep I agree.  As you can see I am brand new to the EUC world.  This is my first wheel and as soon as I get proficient on that one, I will be looking to purchase the Ninebot Z10 or the Gotway MSP. 

Thanks again

• Like 2

Welcome the family! Another victim is claimed in NC! Don't get set on which wheel you want next, theres a LOT of options and even more coming this year. Sorry to hear about the faulty mten, i hope you get it figured! I think the mten has almost a cult-like following now. Looking forwards to hearing all about your adventures as a fresh new rider! Beware the gotway dance as the mten is a pro at it!  fwiw, dont even consider using plastidip on the pads, unless you want that "i screwed it up' look ;)

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1