New rider, first euc, first charge

Waulnut

I've been reading around, but haven't really pinned down the answer. Best practice for charging the wheel is 100% the first day, then afterwards, keep the euc at 80-90%? 

Should it be once a month I top off to 100% to balance the wheel?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

People will and do disagree with me on this (but not everyone does). I charge my wheels to 100-percent 100-percent of the time and never think about the batteries. The vast majority of people will outgrow a wheel long before the batteries start deteriorating in any meaningful way.

Enjoy your wheel and don't spend any energy (see what I did there :D) babying the batteries.

I'm exactly the same!

I've bought the Z10 in May 2019, i've sold it two weeks ago, the battery health was 99% and i was charging the wheel the same way. The wheel had 3000km's total, which for teh standards of the ninebot z10 it's like brand new!

Don't care about batteries guys, have fun, listen to @Marty Backe and me!!!!! 

FUUUUUN!!!!!! :D:P:D:P 

• Like 1

Charge to 100% to confirm the battery is ok.

12 hours ago, Waulnut said:

Should it be once a month I top off to 100% to balance the wheel?

Good idea, can't hurt. Keep the charger in overnight so there's enough balance time.

12 hours ago, Waulnut said:

Best practice for charging the wheel is 100% the first day, then afterwards, keep the euc at 80-90%?

Do not store (~weeks or months) the battery at full or very empty (and not in ice cold or hot conditions). That's all.

Batteries are meant to be used and charged. Nothing wrong with charging to 100% if you use it soon:)

Don't worry, charge if you may need it and for safety, enjoy the ride.

• Like 1

This whole stressing out over the battery isn't worth it. No worse feeling than wanting to do a spontaneous ride but the wheel is at 80% (and would need a few hours to top off, hte end is always the same slow speed independent of the charger) and you regret not just charging it when you could have. I have over 6500km/130 charge cycles and I don't notice any capacity loss.

Don't abuse the battery and have fun otherwise:)

• Like 2