Deleted

PLEASE_DELETE

24 minutes ago, /Dev/Null said:

However, I am hearing impaired & always wear a full face helmet.  There is going to be no way I can hear the beeps

You could use bluetooth speakers with EUCWorld alarms?

25 minutes ago, /Dev/Null said:

and with gloves & wrist guards, no way to wear a vibrating watch

When i put my phone in a bumbag  i can feel easily the vibration alarm.

People fix their vibrating watches with velcro on their wrist guards. I could imagine one would feel a vibration alarm?

27 minutes ago, /Dev/Null said:

If I pretty much always ride under 30km/h (18mph) and with > 30% battery (and usually over 50%) on mostly flat ground do I need to even worry about the beeps?

Then you should not need to worry about the beeps "pretty much always/usually/mostly". :ph34r:

The Ks18Xl should have less reserves/safety margin for this requirements as the MSX.

33 minutes ago, /Dev/Null said:

Anyone else deaf/almost deaf on here & ride a Gotway wheel?

Me neither of both...

33 minutes ago, /Dev/Null said:

I'd appreciate your tips.

...but hopefully still helpfull.

I have the 84V MSX, just set the tiltback and it will be fine.

For me the tiltback at 49km/h is "invisible" but the effects are very real, as you approach the limit you slowly feel it's harder and harder to go faster or lean forward, effectively "stopping" you from accelerating.  I was wondering why I couldn't go faster than 48km/h then I remembered I left tiltback on.  You really need to overlean to overcome it at that speed.

The only beeps I have are the limiter beeps when riding at the limit. If you're not going to ride fast, just put the tiltback on and you will be fine (of course making sure you have battery).

Edited by scotchtape

I think for someone who's not going to hear the beeps, your main concerns are safety overhead and quality of tiltback. Regarding safety overhead, the larger the delta between how fast you tend to ride and how fast the wheel *can* go, the better. Regarding tiltback, the issue is particularly the quality of the tiltback. Both InMotion and Gotway tiltback are quite subtle/usable as a warning, whereas King Song (for all they are good at) have by far the worst quality of tiltback--it's extremely sudden and jarring and just as likely to cause you to fall as to slow down. (I mean I guess falling counts as slowing down....)

I always wondered why some people hated tiltback and then I felt tiltback on a King Song and realized the people I had heard complaining about it were King Song riders. With all their improvements in the new 2.0 firmware, does anyone know if they improved their tiltback at all?

3 hours ago, /Dev/Null said:

I _DO_ notice my V10 give me tiltback.  It's very noticeable actually.  If Gotway's tiltback is similar to inmotion then that is a good thing IMHO.

Gotway tiltback is similar to InMotion, yes--definitely noticeable but in a natural/not-jarring way. (Technically King Song's tiltback is definitely "noticeable" too, just in a bad way--you'll notice it as it surprises the hell out of you/lurches you back/causes you to fall off. ;-) )

To be clear I'm not a King Song hater--in fact I think the KS18XL is the best 84-volt all-around wheel on the market right now--they just need to fix their tiltback. (Or who knows, maybe they have adjusted it in the major 2.0 firmware overhaul. I thought I heard one person say they did, but then haven't heard anyone else confirm.)

Edited by AtlasP

I was just going to suggest using the tilt back and perhaps the phone's vibration alarm (using EUC world) but of course everyone's already written that. I ride at the same speed as you but have the tilt back set at 20mph on my KS16S - weirdly I don't find the tilt back bad at all but then I'm on firmware 2.01 and I tend to slow my acceleration as I approach my top speed.

18 hours ago, Chriull said:

The Ks18Xl should have less reserves/safety margin for this requirements as the MSX.

I thought the 18XL didn't even start to do tilt back until you got to 20% battery (because of the 4 parallel battery packs) so surely the XL would be better than the MSX in this respect.

1 hour ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I was just going to suggest using the tilt back and perhaps the phone's vibration alarm (using EUC world) but of course everyone's already written that. I ride at the same speed as you but have the tilt back set at 20mph on my KS16S - weirdly I don't find the tilt back bad at all but then I'm on firmware 2.01 and I tend to slow my acceleration as I approach my top speed.

Approaching the tiltback slowly is never a problem - accelerating "strongly" into the tiltback gives the "tiltback of death". Here seems KS wheels to be harsher than the GW/inmotion.

I thought the 18XL didn't even start to do tilt back until you got to 20% battery (because of the 4 parallel battery packs) so surely the XL would be better than the MSX in this respect.

18xl has max speed for tiltback at 50km/h? And reduces this at some charge levels.

And KS wheels show too much speed - so in reality they drive slower...

Edit: PS.:

As i just had the link at the hand :

So the KS18XL inflates speed by 18% and so reaches "only" ~41 km/h instead of 50.....

Edited by Chriull