Senior Citizen Benefits

FlyboyEUC

Question for the older (age) riders out there. Has anyone approached you ready to exchange some heat but then cooled off once they noticed you were a "senior citizen"? 

Sometimes I feel like older people give me the stink eye like I'm some punk skateboarding kid that doesn't care for anyone but myself. (Sorry for any stereotyping).

I kinda want to send older people to places where I have been turned away and see what happens. Am I alone here?

44 minutes ago, ElectErich said:

I'm 60.  In San Diego too.  No one has approached me.  Do you notice the same thing when you are not on an EUC?

I wouldn't know, I'm never in public without my wheel :blink:. You are in San Diego?!?! You need to join our San Diego EUC Facebook group! We ride monthly.

• Like 3

Currently, I am over 60, and ride KS-18S (which comes with a seat).  In the last two months, I have been riding sitting down in preparation for the 2nd L.A. EUC Games Freestyle.
The Immediate response that I get:
- All the people give way thinking that I am some kind of handicap person.  I don't have one of those handicap sign.  Now if I were riding standing up especially near a pedestrian, they would not give way, instead they would give me some nasty look like I am a trouble maker kid.

- There have been a number of senior citizens who is either on a wheel chair, and not on a wheel chair that have commented, "is this a new type of wheel chair?"  I often give a quick demo, and they would very quickly be put off, and seemed quite scared.  I don't try to convince them since I did not having much success with the younger age people.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

Question for the older (age) riders out there. Has anyone approached you ready to exchange some heat but then cooled off once they noticed you were a "senior citizen"? 

Occasionally, when I'm at muscle beach.

(The above video is only somewhat a prank, as all the fitness participants knew the guy was in disguise. The audience, despite the cameras, mostly weren't in the know.)

• 6 months later...
On 2/9/2020 at 9:57 PM, Flyboy10 said:

I wouldn't know, I'm never in public without my wheel :blink:. You are in San Diego?!?! You need to join our San Diego EUC Facebook group! We ride monthly.

Are you also FlyboyEUC in Telegram?  I just met you (I think) on the evening ride that 25 of us went on through San Diego last Friday night.

Edited by ElectErich

2 hours ago, ElectErich said:

Are you also FlyboyEUC in Telegram?  I just met you (I think) on the evening ride that 25 of us went on through San Diego last Friday night.

Yup that's me.