Mten3 pedal angle question

I'm loving how fun the Mten3 is but the pedal angle on the ACM pedals fitted to the new batch of Mten3 have a really aggressive slant (15-16 degree) and it sort of hurts after only a short while riding. It also causes me some crazy wobbles while braking because my feet are at this awkward inward slant.

I know the original pedals are small and not comfy but I'm wondering do they have such a horrible slant to them? (all the pics and vids I've watched make them seem flatter). My Tesla Pedals are at 10-11 degrees and they are super comfy, while even my Inmotion V5F are at 13 degrees and I thought those were bad.

I was going to ask Jason if I could buy the original Mten3 pedals that would have been on mine, but don't want to waste his time if I can confirm that the original pedal angle is just as bad.

Edited by tenofnine

4 hours ago, tenofnine said:

I'm loving how fun the Mten3 is but the pedal angle on the ACM pedals fitted to the new batch of Mten3 have a really aggressive slant (15-16 degree) and it sort of hurts after only a short while riding. It also causes me some crazy wobbles while braking because my feet are at this awkward inward slant.

I know the original pedals are small and not comfy but I'm wondering do they have such a horrible slant to them? (all the pics and vids I've watched make them seem flatter). My Tesla Pedals are at 10-11 degrees and they are super comfy, while even my Inmotion V5F are at 13 degrees and I thought those were bad.

I was going to ask Jason if I could buy the original Mten3 pedals that would have been on mine, but don't want to waste his time if I can confirm that the original pedal angle is just as bad.

That's a good question for I am struggling with my Mten pedals as well, the wheel is so small and light, I'm not sure that it will suffer from having the smaller pedals since less leverage is needed, if not, I'm going to start grinding on mine.  My left pedal is higher than the right, I figured that out because I was having to bend my left leg to go straight.

• Like 2

This is a screen shot from a video

sorry I’m too lazy to get a photo now

but the standard pedals are pretty flat

i get sore legs though from feet cramps but I’ve still managed a 30km trip on it

personally I’d leave it with the small pedals as it doesn’t need the extra leverage a larger pedal would give, I’ve gotten pedal dip many times, it’s pretty easy to over lean it playing around

2A42E0AE-6C51-41D4-BE5A-50BF67FB98D8.jpeg

Edited by Trevor Phillips
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

The larger pedals on mine are quite a slant too, not a big fan. However, even with the slant, I routinely lean over and just stop and rest on the pedal w/o stepping off. Then I just lean over and go, never taking feet lose. Seems to me that bigger pedals at less a slant would be even closer to the ground. I scrape pedals regardless, doesnt bother me so much, its like curb feelers. I would like to see how it works out if someone grinds the pedals down to flat. Is it rideable? Small pedals more comfy even with size 10 feet? Love it regardless, but more comfort for no losses aint a bad thing.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

I have only tried the Mten once, but one of my first reactions was that even my EU46 feet don’t miss the extra large pedal extensions I have on my own wheels. As said, the tiny tire diameter doesn’t really require more leverage than the original pedals can provide.

I was using hard soled basketball shoes though, so my shoes did not curl down at the edge of the pedals.

Since you don’t have the original pedals, I would also definitely just file down the current pedals to a suitable angle.

On 1/30/2020 at 11:19 AM, RetroThruster said:

.............My left pedal is higher than the right, I figured that out because I was having to bend my left leg to go straight.

Interesting!  I feel like I am riding with my left shoulder forward and my right leg bent more.  

Thank for the tip.

Bruce

1 hour ago, PennBruce said:

Interesting!  I feel like I am riding with my left shoulder forward and my right leg bent more.  

Thank for the tip.

Bruce

I notice i have a slightly offset posture on the big wheel and its just exaggerated on the smaller wheel. Years of left foot forward on skate boards and snowboards probably. My pedals are even, but for you guys that arent sure, it should be really easy to check.  I did notice the other day, my left foot forward tendencies just LOOK more extreme on a smaller wheel. I dont concern myself with being even in stance now, as its not uncommon.

• Like 1